Question about NetGear CG814WG 54 MBPS WIRELESS CABLE MODEM GATEWAY Router
My roku had been accepting my wireless password, now will not accept it. The roku player is running, the remote works, I have tried to reset many times by unplugging the roku. My other wireless devices work. The roku keeps saying error 014
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
If you hold the reset pin in for more than ten seconds(I always count to 15) it will do a Factory reset...this will set all back to factory specs
Then you can set a new wep as well as an admin password
Posted on Jan 27, 2009
SOURCE: will not accept password
Please follow the steps on a computer connected to the router so as to check the network key:
1. Open the browser(Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox).
2. Access the router usually http://192.168.1.1 else try http://www.routerlogin.com
3. Login to the router with the Username as admin and password as password (unless you have changed it).
4. Click on Wireless Settings'(under Setup) from the left menu.
5. Check if 'WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy)' or 'WPA-PSK (Wi-Fi Protected Access Pre-Shared Key)' is selected under 'Security Options'.
6. If WPA-PSK is selected, copy the code entered in the passphrase.
7. If WEP is selected, copy the code entered in the key that has been checked.
This is the code required for connecting the wireless computer to the routers' wireless network.
In some cases, for security reasons the passphrase might show as asterisks. In this case type a new password and click apply. You will then have to use the same password for all the wireless devices connecting to the network.
IF the computer has windows Vista then perform the steps below:
1. Click START, Click Control Panel then click classic view in left hand side menu.
2. In the main screen, open up NETWORK AND SHARING CENTER.
3. In the left hand side menu open up MANAGE WIRELESS NETWORKS.
4. If you see any name in the list, please select the name and click remove.
5. Once the list is empty, click on ADD, select the first option, ADD A NETWORK THAT IS IN RANGE OF THE COMPUTER.
6. Click on your network name SSID and click on connect. If you have a password setup on the router enter the security key.
7. This should setup the wireless network.
For XP perform the steps below:
1. Right click on My Computer icon and go to Manage.
2. Go to Services then go to Service and Applications.
3. Double click on Wireless Zero Configuration.
4. Change the Start Up Type to Automatic and click on Apply
5. Click on Start and press OK to close the window.
6. Go to 'Control Panel', Click on Classic View in the left hand side menu and then open 'Network Connections'.
7. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'Properties'.
8. Go to the 'Wireless Networks' tab .
9. Check the option 'Use Windows to Configure this Wireless Connection' and click 'OK'.
Now please perform the following instructions to connect to the wireless network:
1. Go to 'Control Panel', Click on Classic View in the left hand side menu and then open 'Network Connections'.
2. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'Properties'.
3. Click on the 'wireless network' tab.
4. Under Preferred networks if you see any name in the list then highlight the name and click remove. Click OK.
5. Right-click on the wireless Network Connection icon and select 'View Available Networks'.
6. Look for the SSID (aka Network Name) of the Wireless router or access point.
4. Highlight thee SSID from the list that you want to connect to.
5. Type the security Key here and click on the 'Connect' button.
6. You should have successfully established a wireless network connection.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue.
If I have helped you, please help me, and rate this suggestion the highest FixYa rating. If you cannot rate this post with the highest rating, then please comment to this post and I will try to help you further.
Posted on Sep 24, 2009
1)The Default password for wireless-g is admin and the password itself is the word password both being lower case.
2)If the default password is not working or it is locked then the password might have change the password to something else.
3)To get the default access to the router web interface we have to hard reset the device but if we reset the device to the default setting's the internet connection will be terminated and the all the setting's has to be done from the beginning.
4)Following procedure will help you in hard resetting the device:-
a)You will find the very small/tiny circular pin hole on the rear panel of the device very close to the power.
b)Use the paper clip or a pin to reset the device and keep holding the reset button for at least 30-35s.
c)Then , While holding the paper clip take the power cable out from the device , wait for 10-15s and then plug the power cable back to the device while holding the paper clip.
d)Wait for another 10-15s and then release the paper clip.
e)Once we have all the lights back on to the device then take the power chord out and plug it back within 30s.
5)Once we follow the instructions the router will be reset to the default setting's and the internet connection will be terminated.
6)Open the IE page and in the address bar type the url:-http://www.routerlogin.com and then press enter key.
7)A small window will prompt up which will ask you to type the user name and password which will be
and then left click on log-in.
8)Once you will left click on log-in it will navigate you to the router's administrator page which will be netgear smart wizard page from where you can configure the router's setting's.
Posted on Nov 18, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 21, 2016 | Roku Televison & Video
Aug 22, 2015 | Roku Streaming Stick
Feb 11, 2015 | Roku Televison & Video
Sep 12, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Mar 17, 2014 | Sharp Aquos Televison & Video
Feb 06, 2012 | Roku XDS Streaming Player 1080p Wireless-N...
Oct 06, 2011 | Roku XD Streaming Player 1080P Wireless-N...
869 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: