Question about Maytag Washing Machines
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Maytag Washer: How to Remove Tub
Under the agitator is a flat nut with notches in it. this nut requires a spanner wrench that will fit into the notches. You can use a large channel lock plier. rotate the nut counter-clockwise. under the nut will be a seal. remove the nut and the seal and pull up on the inner tub. to replace you'll need to replace the seal. if the nut isn't too chopped up, use this to refasten the tub.
Posted on Sep 06, 2007
I do believe that when you remove the four bolts, it should come out. Sometimes you have to use a little force and shimmy left to right to get it to break loose (no hammers please) especially if you have a lot of scum build-up from soap. They can really be a bear sometimes to remove. Maybe put your foot in the bottom of the tub and hit it on both sides to work it free. Good Luck!!! Jim
Posted on Sep 09, 2007
I broke a hammer removing the basket on a 6000 series today. These are known to be a real ***** to remove. Once those screws are out there is a seal nut to remove and the basket hub assembly is what it sits on. Look at 5 and 7 below.
Posted on Oct 12, 2008
curious as to why you would be removing hte inner tub??? possibly to repalace the main seal??? if thats the case the directions are in the newseal kit. but htere should be a starlike plastice hub seal that will need to be unscrewed that is whats holding down the tub
Posted on Nov 18, 2008
SOURCE: Agitator disassembly
take the disp out, remove the inter cover, take out the 7/16 screw, pull agit up from bottom to take out of washer, set on floor, put feet on bottom of agit and hold top fins and pull up hard and quick, will come apart, after putting new dogs hold agit upside down to put back together or dogs will keep falling out and put back together / please remember to leave a rating / have a good day.
Posted on Nov 27, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 04, 2011 | Washing Machines
2) Pull the inner cap (if present) off - many Whirlpool machines use this inner cap, with a handle, to gain access to the center bolt
3) Remove the bolt in the center of the agitator (earlier models used a 7/16" hex-head steel bolt)
On older models, grasp the bottom portion of the agitator and pull the entire assembly out of the washer. (Some recent models allow just the top portion's removal to access these 'dogs')
5) Older models - place the agitator on the floor, and, standing carefully on the bottom portion, pull the top half off. Turn it over, and the dogs will be accessible for replacement.
6) Newer model dogs can be replaced once just the ratchet ***'y is removed. There are several versions currently in use, but most can be replaced without removing the bottom agitator half. All '4-dog' versions use the 285770 (or #80040) kit, regardless of the cam ***'y style. (Really old agitators, rarely seen now, used a pair of 2 larger dogs, which are a different part number)
7) On older versions, be careful to align the two tabs when inserting the upper ***'y back onto the agitator bottom half. When these are aligned, they will friction-fit the two halves together, making it easier to reinstall the ***'y. Handle it only by the bottom half to prevent pulling the top half off when reinstalling.
8) Lightly lubricate the agitator cap's rubber gasket using a bit of dishwasher detergent, and push it back into place. (On the Whirlpools with an inner cap, lube that cap's o-ring too - makes it easier to snap into place)
Apr 18, 2011 | Kenmore 24042 Top Load Washer
Mar 21, 2011 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Dec 31, 2009 | Washing Machines
Dec 12, 2009 | Maytag PAV2300 Top Load Washer
Jul 29, 2009 | Kenmore 22422 Top Load Washer
Jan 31, 2009 | Washing Machines
Nov 18, 2008 | Maytag Performa PAV2200
Jul 29, 2008 | Maytag Atlantis MAV6000 Top Load Washer
Mar 24, 2008 | Maytag PAV2300 Top Load Washer
31 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!