Question about Sharper Image Ionic Breeze 3.0 Air Purifier
HOW DO I OPEN THE LONG PANELS TO CLEAN INSIDE OF THE QUADRA
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Okay, after working on my Ionic Breeze Quadra I have fixed it. My problem was it wouldn't turn on even though the fins were clean.
2. Turn the machine upside down (there are 4 screws holding the bottom stand on) remove the screws
3. once bottom is off there are 2 screws sideways helping the hold the 2 sides together. Remove those 2 screws.
4. Turn the machine uprgiht and remove the middle fins (the ones you clean)
5. Remove the 4 screws that are deep in the 4 holes when you look down inside (you can't see the screws, I had to feel for them with a phillips head narrow screwdriver)
(it will be easier if your screwdriver has magnetic head for next step.)
6. after removing the 4 screws gently work lose the top (part that has the little lights and turn on push switch)
7. turn the breeze on its side, you will find about 5 or 6 tiny screws holding the two sides of the outside louver case together. Remove all these screws. You will be thankful for the magnetic end, I have small fingers and still had a problem catching the little screws.
8. You don't want to remove both sides, just one side is fine.
9. Being careful of the wires (I left that side alone) I worked from the wire free side and using a bottle of rubbing alcohal and lots and lots of q-tips I gentle cleaned off all the gunk on all the little metal pieces at the bottom of the breeze (on the inside where the wires are). Clean as good as you can, you will find the metal pieces covered with what looks like tar but it comes off with the alcohal.
10. Using a can of 'canned air' like you'd use for a computer, gently blow the rest of the breeze parts getting all the dust away but being careful not to damage the electronics. (there are a lot of little computer boards). I didn't find any dust in the electrical parts in the very bottom of the breeze, just above where the fins are and some at the top where the controls are.
11. I cleaned the 1/2 I took completely off with some rubbing alcohal, gets that **** off pretty good but didn't mess with the side with the wires, just blew the dust out, gently cleaned a bit and on the outside.
12. To put back together, first I gently put the outer middle pieces together and then gently put the control top back on and replaced those 4 screws. Then I put the 10 or 12 tiny screws back into the middle, then the 2 screws in the bottom sides and 4 screws putting the stand back on. I stood it up, plugged it in (make sure its dry) and turned it on and the light came on and it is working great.
I've had mine for 3 years so I think they occasionally need a thorough cleaning. Except for the canned air I bought nothing else. Everyone has rubbing alcohal and q-tips in their homes. When I first started I didn't know how to dismantle it and tried to clean the inside with long q-tips but it was too hard. Those little metal pieces in the bottom make some sort of connection to the fins we pull out and clean so I guess they need good contact.
I hope I've helped all of you with the problem of the Ionic Breeze Quadra and I suspect any other iconic breeze type machine by sharper image pretty much comes apart the same way and may have the same problems. I don't know how to post this so that everyone can see it as a general solution. Maybe you guys at FixYa can help with that. --- Harry Potter Without the Wand (and a female to boot!)
Posted on Mar 08, 2009
The trouble began in 2003 when Consumer Reports magazine published a report claiming the expensive air cleaners don't clean air. The magazine later claimed its tests showed that Sharper Image's Ionic Breeze Quadra Silent Air Purifier and four other units also release potentially unhealthy levels of ozone.
Read more: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2008/02/sharper_image.html#ixzz0VATFAuRq
Posted on Oct 27, 2009
SOURCE: cleaning light stays on
have the same problem and haven't been able to fix it. However, others have had the same problem and
have posted their solutions. The
sizzling sound is caused by electrical arching between the plates and one or
both of the two tungsten wires that are run parallel to the plates (if you turn
off all the lights and wait for your eyes to adjust to the dark before turning
on the Ionic Breeze, it's a pretty cool light show!) Here are things found by others to cause the
arching and what they did to fix the problem:
Posted on Mar 09, 2010
I had one that had the "needs cleaning" light was on. After cleaning, the light stayed on. I checked around at the time and learned it couldn't be fixed, and it was out of warrantee. I believe that's why they stopped making them. Mine was just thrown away.
Posted on Apr 02, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
May 05, 2015 | Sharper Image Professional Plus Ionic...
Dec 15, 2010 | Sharper Image Ionic Breeze® Quadra® 4.0...
Nov 01, 2010 | Sharper Image Ionic Breeze® Quadra® 4.0...
Jul 14, 2010 | Sharper Image Professional Plus Ionic...
Mar 07, 2010 | Sharper Image Professional Plus Ionic...
Oct 27, 2009 | Sharper Image Ionic Breeze 3.0 Air...
Jun 05, 2009 | Sharper Image Ionic Breeze® Quadra® 4.0...
May 09, 2009 | Sharper Image Ionic Breeze® Quadra® 4.0...
Feb 08, 2009 | Sharper Image Professional Plus Ionic...
90 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: