Question about RIM BlackBerry 8800
I am trying to figure out why my 8800 is eating battery charge. I thought it may be a weak battery, so I purchased one, same thing again, thought maybe a bad battery, so i purchased another one.. still same problem.. Any help would be great.
There are a lot of little things that drain the battery. i have made adjustments to my phone and the battery lasts me 3-5 days depending on its usage.
1. turn off the LED coverage indicator(usually blinks green when u have signal, red when u dont)
2. change your back light timer to 10, 20, or 30 seconds.
3. do not overcharge the phone, it will lower the capacity level of the battery. only charge it when its low and take it off when its full.
4. check the reminder notifications from messages/voicemail/txt,etc. set it to one or two.
5. check to see if you are roaming or searching for service. the constant searching drains the battery.
6. check to see that u have exited the programs u were using. if u have installed maps,navigation, etc and just back out of the program without exiting the GPS is constantly updating your position.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Feb 23, 2009
Are you having issues at all with the trackball? I had an issue where mine wouldn't click and phone was eating through batteries. Turns out the keyboard was the problem
Posted on Aug 03, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 16, 2011 | RIM BlackBerry 8800
Nov 09, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry 8800
Jul 10, 2009 | LG KU990 Viewty
May 21, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry 8800
Feb 25, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry 8800
326 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: