Question about SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Here is what I found in the Sandisk forums - make sure you download the firmware for your exact player only, or else it won't work right:
Assuming it's a v1 model, you can try updating the firmware through recovery mode. Here's how:
1) Download the firmware file for your region from Sandisk's website - go to Support, Sansa Players, software & drivers, e200 series
2) Extract the files you downloaded in step 1 to a folder on your computer where you'll be able to find them. There will be 2 files in the archive, one is a .ROM file and one is a .MI4 file.
3) Create a new blank empty text file and name it sansa.fmt. Do not name it sansa.fmt.txt. Put that file in the same folder where you put the extracted files from step 2. You now have 3 files in that folder: the .ROM, the .MI4, and the .FMT files.
4) Turn off the player if it's on by holding down the menu/power button. You might need to hold it down for 15 to 20 seconds.
5) Put the HOLD button on the top of the player to the ON position. The ORANGE tag will be showing.
6) Hold down the RECORD button on the left side of the player while connecting it to the computer.
7) You should see a message on the player to the effect MSD MODE 2.0 USB CONNECTED or something similar. If you don't see it, go back to step 4 and try again.
8) Look in My Computer. You should see a new removable drive labeled 16MBFORMAT if all has gone according to plan. DO NOT TRY TO FORMAT THIS VOLUME!
9) Drag and drop the 3 files from step 3 into the root directory of the 16MBFORMAT drive. Right-click on the 16MBFORMAT volume and select Eject or, alternatively, use the safely remove hardware icon in the system tray.
10) Unplug the player from the computer. It should update the firmware, format itself, and then reboot.
The above instructions only work with the v1 model.
Posted on Jan 19, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 25, 2012 | SanDisk Sansa m250 MP3 Player
Jul 11, 2009 | Sumvision Sempra PRO Digital Media Player
Mar 18, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
Jan 23, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa Clip MP3 Player
Aug 25, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa e200 MP3 Player
Jan 13, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa e200 MP3 Player
Jan 08, 2008 | Samsung Yepp YH-J70 Digital Media Player
Nov 14, 2007 | iRiver H10 MP3 Player
Jul 28, 2007 | Verge DFP-200 MP3 Player
Jan 17, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
50 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: