Question about Canon IP2700 Inkjet Printer
It keeps on telling me that Error Number 5100 has occurred. I turned it on and off for so many times and it is still not working!
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Cancel printing, turn off the machine. Then clear the jammed paper or protective material that is preventing the FINE cartridge holder from moving, and turn the machine on again. If not remedied, turn off machine, unplug the power cord of the machine from power supply. Plug machine back in and turn power back on. If problem is not resolved, please contact service center. This info is from Advanced Guide Troubleshooting Section under An Error Message is Displayed on the LCD....error code 5100. This is a link to Canon to download Guides.
Posted on Nov 04, 2009
This particular error has a lot to do with some obstruction in the print path, the gears, or ink on the clear plastic encoder strip.You can find the the purge cap (the white sliding mechanism that the print head parks to when it's not in use) was not lubricated well enough from factory. If you lubricate the sliders with some white grease (don't get it on the small wipers or the black caps) the mechanism can now slide more freely, and the unit can park the head properly without giving you the dreaded head homing error 5100 (or E-2-2 on the LCD display). Keep in mind that this repair will probably require you to remove the right panel off of the printer to gain access to the purge mechanism. There are two screws behind the printer, and two in front for each corresponding side panel (the front screws are behind the grey front panel of the printer - open the top cover to see the clips which hold the front cover on).
Thank you !!
Posted on May 25, 2010
Here's How to Reset Canon IP2770 Error 5200:
1. The printer is turned off and plugged the power cord.
2. Press Resume button 2 seconds
then press the POWER button until the green light on (when pressing the POWER button, Resume button ... jgn released first)
3. Then release the RESUME button, but do not release the POWER button.
4. While the POWER button is still depressed, press the Resume button 5 times. Led will light turns green orange with the last glow orange. (do not be mistaken 4x because the printer will die completely, but it is temporary too) Then ...
5. Release both buttons simultaneously.
6. Led will blink briefly and then will glow GREEN.
7. And the computer will detect new hardware, just ignore ...
8. Press the POWER button, then the printer will die.
9. Press the POWER button again then the printer will flash and ... IP2770 Printer is ready to use
Posted on Mar 16, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 18, 2011 | Canon Pixma MX360 Printer
Mar 16, 2011 | Canon Pixma iP2700 InkJet Photo Printer
- Timing **** strip film (QC1-6394)
- Logic board ***'y (QM2-3078)
Before replacement of the logic board ***'y, check the waste ink amount (by service test print or EEPROM
information print). If the waste ink amount is 7% or more, also replace the ink absorber kit (QY5-0146) when
replacing the logic board ***'y.
- Carriage motor (QK1-1500)
-Sheet feed unit (QM2-2916)
-Purge unit (QM2-2925)
Feb 02, 2011 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
May 25, 2010 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 08, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP1500 InkJet Photo Printer
Mar 30, 2008 | Epson Stylus Multifunction Inkjet Printer/...
76 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: