Question about Samsung SGH-i900 Omnia Unlocked Cellular Phone
I have a new Samsung Omnia and have saved no files to memory, however, when I go to Settings - System Memory, my storage memory is full, and I keep getting a popup window saying my storage memory is full! How do I fix this?
I found this fix on another website. After numerous calls to verizon-they had no clue-and hours of trying to figure things out I found and tried this fix and it worked!
"I have a Samsung Omnia on VZW network. I was getting the "Memory Critically Low" error too. So, I opened File Explorer and did some searching for files that could be removed etc. I found an entire cache of files here: My Device: Program Files: VZAppZone:Temp:Temp
I deleted these files using a mass delete: Menu:Edit:Select All: Menu:Delete With no ill effects as of yet.
I spent the better part of an hour testing every application on the phone, opening contacts, etc. I haven't noticed anything wrong.
Doing this freed up almost 35mb of storage!!!!! "
I had the same results. This finally solved my mem problems-no more pop up critical me low box!! It freed up over 1/2 the avail memory.
Another tip is to clear out your browsers cache files
Posted on Mar 25, 2009
It Occured to me that this problem came up only last night (After owning my phone for a few weeks now) Last night i spent some time on the web @ new websites.
For me it was all the memory being taken up by my Cache in Opera. a little over 750 files ranging from a few bites to 30-70k files. That did the trick for me.
You can find the cache folder here (My file explorer is in my start menu if yours isn't you can add it from your Main Menu>Settings>Menus) Cache Folder for Opera: File Explorer>My Device> Application Data> Opera 9> Cache
Posted on Sep 22, 2009
I had the same problem with low memory storage with only less than 2MB left. After reading several posts here I went to File Explorer -> My Device -> Application Data -> Opera9 -> Cache and deleted everything! Still with only now 3MB free. But I decided to look in the same directory structure (File Explorer -> My Device -> Application Data -> Opera9 -> Downloads) and deleted everything there. All of a sudden, my Storage memory was showing 44.78MB free!!!
Posted on Mar 02, 2010
I just bought an Omnia and had the same issue when I loaded music onto my phone. Frustrated the hell out of me with that little "Capacity full" message popping up on my phone. I Googled the problem and still could not find a solution -- until I figured out the problem and fixed it.
1) Problem -- there are three forms of memory on the Omnia - Storage (88MB), My Storage (8-16GB) and memory card. Storage is very small and gets filled by things like surfing the internet and new apps downloaded. Also, when loading music and media to your phone make sure only My Storage or memory card are selected.
2) Solution -- only way to delete info from "Storage" is to plug your phone into your computer. Neat little Windows Mobile box will pop up after your phone is detected by your computer. Choose "Connect without setting up your device." Choose "File Management." Bingo! All three memories and there capacities are shown. Select Storage and delete any files clogging up memory -- in my case music files and temp internet files.
Problem solved? Not really, any time you download new apps and surf the internet Storage keeps filling up and you occasionally have to delete stuff to free up memory. Come on - It's a Windows product, do you expect anything less!
Posted on Jul 03, 2009
I had/have the same problem. I was getting this right after I started my phone, without running any applications that are not started by default.
I have been able to at least temporarily reduce the System Memory usage by deleting all Temporary Internet Files in my Opera folder. This freed up about 4mb. I plan to stop in my local Verizon store with a tech dept to find out if there is something else to do.
Posted on Feb 07, 2009
I could see 2 reasons for this problem.
1) Too many applications are open (like touch player, windows media player, camera, messaging services etc). If you just go to task manager and end task everything the error reported may not come.
2) Some huge files may be present which you can detect using the search facility in program files. Delete them. Also if some huge picture file or video clip is present in the my document folders you may need to move/remove them to your external storage card.
Hope one of the above solves the problem.
Posted on Jan 20, 2009
I've done everything suggested on this site to fix the lack of space on my Omnia. I've deleted cache, temp internet files, call logs, text messages....pretty much everything except my phone #'s Is it me or is this phone just a piece of ****!!!! I've had nothing but problems with this piece of junk. Email and text not working, cutting in and out of digital service, stupid error messages out of nowhere for no reason. Some one prove to me that this phone is worth more then $1
Samsung made a stinker!
Posted on May 20, 2010
One simple thing I did was set the camera to save pics on the storage card rather than the main memory. Do this under the camera app and use the settings there. I was leary of this phone at first with the ugly interface, but since I downloaded and installed the "Spb Mobile Shell" I love the look and functionality.
Posted on Jun 08, 2009
For people still having this problem, just follow the instructions off deleting the Temp files, for people having the problem with My Storage, saying that your phone says your My Storage is full, but your pc, or other part of the phone saying like 4 GB are free, this is what you have 2 do :
1. Backup all your My Storage files on your PC. 2. With your USBtoPC cable, formate the My Storage(8 or 16 GB) location from My Computer. 3. Put all the files back on your Omnia. 4. Don't go to touch player, updating it's Music Library. --> Touch player uses all of your phones memory.
Posted on Sep 27, 2009
How do I solve the problem? I put additional 16 GB micro sd card to my Samsung Omnia i900 plus internal memory of 16 GB, total of 32 GB, however the unit does not recognized the external card. I'm fed up because I still get pop out message "out of storage". The total memory used is only 94 mb. Please help me....
Posted on Sep 06, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 25, 2011 | Samsung SGH-i900 Omnia Unlocked Cellular...
Feb 07, 2011 | Samsung Omnia Cell Phone
Nov 06, 2010 | Samsung Omnia Pro B7320 Smartphone
Oct 27, 2010 | Samsung SGH-i900 Omnia Unlocked Cellular...
Sep 13, 2010 | Samsung SGH-E900 Cellular Phone
Jun 20, 2010 | Samsung SGH-i900 Omnia Unlocked Cellular...
Apr 19, 2009 | Samsung SGH-i900 Omnia Unlocked Cellular...
Jan 13, 2009 | Samsung SGH-i900 Omnia Unlocked Cellular...
Sep 20, 2014 | Samsung SGH-i900 Omnia Unlocked Cellular...
18,840 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: