Question about Epson Stylus Photo R2400 InkJet Printer
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Epson Stylus CX4800 All-In-One
One possible solution that we can advice is to do a complete trash & reinstallation of printer driver as well as the scanner driver.
For iMac with Leopard, there is a big possibility that the printer driver is not the correct epson series printer driver that's why you can't ink levels is unavailable. Just to set an expectation, printer driver for CX4800 is pre-installed as resident driver in Leopard. Please try to the following to solve that issue:
Determine Which Driver is Currently Being Used
1. Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of the Finder and open System Preferences.
2. In the System Preferences window, click on Print & Fax.
3. In the list of printers on the left side of the Print & Fax window, click once on your Epson printer to select it.
4. Check the name of the driver being used; it is displayed in the center of the Print & Fax window next to “Kind”.
5. If the driver name displayed next to “Kind” is Gutenprint, the incorrect driver is being used. Follow the steps in the next section to select the correct driver.
Selecting the Correct Driver
1. Turn off the printer.
2. Delete the print queue and remove the printer from Print & Fax by clicking on the minus (-) button under the list of printers. Click OK to confirm the removal.
3. Click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of the Finder and open System Preferences.
4. In the System Preferences window, click on Print & Fax.
5. Turn on the printer. The system should add the printer automatically.
6. If the system does not add the printer or if it adds it using the Gutenprint driver, contact Apple for assistance. You may need to reinstall the Epson drivers provided with Leopard.
NOTE: To check ink levels, click the Utility button, then click EPSON StatusMonitor. The Supply Levels button will not show remaining ink levels for your Epson printer.
Posted on Jun 11, 2008
If you have carried out 4 to 5 head cleans, waited about 8 hours and done another 3 or head cleans doing nozzle checks after each clean (as recommended by the manual) and there is still no improvement then you will need a third party head cleaning solution such as this one:
Other makes & brands are available just google "inkjet head cleaning solution" Hope this helps.
Posted on Apr 03, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 20, 2012 | Epson 20 Ink For Stylus S20 Sx100 Sx200...
Aug 04, 2012 | Epson Stylus Multifunction Inkjet Printer/...
Oct 30, 2009 | Epson Stylus CX3200 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 12, 2009 | Epson Stylus Multifunction Inkjet Printer/...
Oct 06, 2009 | Epson Stylus C84 InkJet Printer
Jan 24, 2009 | Epson Stylus Multifunction Inkjet Printer/...
Jan 02, 2009 | Epson Stylus 2200 InkJet Photo Printer
Feb 06, 2017 | Epson Stylus Photo R2400 InkJet Printer
91 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!