Question about Televison & Video
That could be a Tcon or a main board issue. Can you post a picture of the screen? also will need the model number. Please respond to this same post for further assistance.
Posted on Jan 01, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: LG 50" plasma tv
call 877-543-8325 this is an LG Executive call center and they will fix this for free. I have a 50" plasma I bought january 2006 which is out of warranty by 5 months. They faxed me and the LG repair shop a 30 day warranty for my tv to cover the repair. Just tell them you heard a pop and in my case the picture is distorted. All they need is the model number and serial number and they should take care of it. No arguing needed.
Posted on Jun 03, 2008
May be the same problem Magnavox is having with their 27MF231d. I found the fix on this site and it took care of the same problem with my set. Not the easiest thing to do, but it worked. If you do not know how to solder, get some help with this one. If you take it to a Magnavox Authorized repair location, they will just replace the bad capacitor with another bad capacitor of the same type and voltage. The problem is they have a 25w capacitor where a 35w capacitor should be. Mine was bulging, with black tar looking stuff coming out of it. It was obviously bad. Follw the instructions below.
1. Remove all screws around perimeter, one screw at the lower right at (Side A/V), and 2 1”round plastic knob s.
2. Remove back cover
3. At lower left side remove 2 screws for On/Off switch cut tie wrap that holds wire down for free movement.
4. Disconnect wire connector to side A/V at lower right side
5. Disconnect wire connector to right side circuit Board
6. Disconnect wire connector to left side circuit board
7. Remove the 2 mounting brackets upper left and upper right 2 screws each.
8. Remove 3 screws each side of the metal box in the middle
9. Fold back metal tape off bottom and top of metal box
10. 1 wire connector at top of box I left connected
11. Flip metal box over towards top of Tv. Be careful of wire at top thats still connected.
12. On left side in box is power supply board
13. Towards bottom of board you should see the numbers C2081 and C2074
14. Remove the six screws holding down power supply board
15. Flip board down towards bottom of Tv.
16. Unsolder capacitors replace with new 1200uf 35v and 2200uf 35v 105°C radial capacitors
17. Capacitors should be around 1/2” to 5/8” dia. X 1.25 long appox. 2 Wires come out of one end should be .030 dia.
18. Reassemble in reverse order and enjoy
Posted on Feb 28, 2009
SOURCE: LG 50PX4DR plasma tv
I had the same exact problem as posted above. My 50" LG plasma was out of warranty for 1 year! I called the LG executive call center, and they were very helpful. They offered to pay for the parts and labor. They recommended a few local repair shops, and they set everything up for me. The tech came out within 4 days with one part. The tech had to come out one more time the following week, since more parts were needed for the repair. The Y sustain board, along with 2 adjacent parts that are required to be replaced as a set, and the power supply had to be replaced (parts alone cost just over $900). TV is like new again; I'm very happy with how LG handled it, and made what could have been a bad experience a good one.
Posted on Apr 30, 2009
the power supply of your tv is bad try to check the fuses if fuse are open try to replace them with the same value..try to power it on but if the fuse blows again replace the power supply board...
good luck plse rate my help.
Posted on Jun 04, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 09, 2013 | Philips 40PFL3705D 40 in LCD TV
Aug 25, 2012 | Panasonic Viera TX-32LX77 LCD TV
Jul 04, 2011 | Philips 42PFL5332D 42 in. LCD Television
Sep 20, 2010 | Philips Televison & Video
Dec 16, 2009 | Philips Televison & Video
May 27, 2009 | Philips 43PP9202 43" Rear Projection...
Dec 20, 2008 | LG 37LC7D 37 in. LCD HDTV
57 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!