GeniusWebcam 312 only works one way on Windows Messenger
Hi, i'm on Windows Vista & Service Pack1, recently bought genius webcam 312 model.
When i do video calls to friends on Windows messenger , I can see and hear them, whilst they can only hear me.
When I access 'webcam set up' in tools in messenger it says "Windows cannot connect to this webcam, close any programmes that may be using the webcam and restart the wizard. I get this message when I'm not using the webcam.
I've downloaded various drivers but to no avail, can anyone help?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Please follow the link below. Download using the BLUE download button and save to your Desktop, then double click the file and instal the software/driver automatically. CAUTION!!! This driver is for Widows XP. If you are using Vista or W7, you need to do a search at Softpedia (where this link is located) for the proper driver for your Operating System.
Try restarting the computer with the device unplugged, and then when you are in Windows and everything has loaded, plug your Web Cam into a "different" USB port than you originally had it plugged into.
You need to go to the manufactures site and download the VISTA
driver for the camera. Then follow the info below to install
Disconnect the Camera from the USB port and reinstall
the CD or Downloaded software program. When the program asks you
to connect the camera to the USB port, do so and it should work.
Hope this helps. Bud
This download is the latest driver package released for the Genius VideoCAM Express Webcam. The setup will work under most Windows systems (see above) and installs the VideoCAM v2, version 3 driver package onto your system. The driver numbers are a little confusing - V2 seems to be simply a name change to reflect new features of the entire setup, but the Webcam driver in the package is listed as version 3.0 - hence the official title of 'Genius VideoCAM Express V2 3.0'.
This is how I got the VideoCam Messenger to work on a computer running Windows 7 (32-bit):
VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!!: DO NOT restart your computer at any point until the very end of these steps.
1. Plug in the webcam.
2. Windows will install their weird Sonix driver from 1994 automatically.
3. The most crucial part: Click "Devices" in the Windows Control Panel. Click on the USB Camera (whatever the webcam is called)... then you need to go to the "Properties" until you can UNINSTALL the driver that Windows automatically installed. I think you have to click Properties twice to be able to get to a place where it lets you uninstall the driver.
4. DO NOT restart.
5. Download this: http://download.geniusnet.com/webcam/VCMessenger_V.zip (Incase the link is broken, this is directly from the GeniusNet website and it's called "VideoCAM Messenger Driver for Win 7 / vista 32 bit")
6. Install this completely, but DO NOT restart. (Also, make sure you click "Install this anyway" when it asks you about being an unsigned driver.)
7. After you do that and you DO NOT restart, it will automatically come up with a screen that shows Windows installing the driver, but this time it's installing the actual driver from the software you downloaded in step 4.
You may now restart your computer if you want.
If you do these steps correctly, I guarantee you will have your VideoCam Messenger webcam working.