I still have my wallpaper background. And a Windows xp Pro window saying the computer is in use and is locked. Says Only Dell-1179714CFO or an administrator can unlock. Inserted the OS disk but nothing happens
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Dell c600 laptop Computer is locked
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to bring up Task Manager or the login screen. Click on Shutdown and follow the prompts. Restart the computer after it shuts down. Once you are back at the desktop, right click on the desktop anywhere where there are no icons and then left click on 'properties' at the bottom of the list. Click on the screen saver tab. Clear the checkbox labeled 'password' and then click apply.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hello,please let me understand you,you need assistance to change your wallpaper on your dell mini. right these is how you go about it:
1. Right click on an empty portion of your screen,select Properties if you are using Windows XP, or Personalize if you are running Windows Vista Or Windows 7.
2.Select the Desktop Tab on Windows XP and pick your choice then click OK, on Windows Vista Select Wallpaper make your choice from the list select apply, and on Windows 7 pick your desired Wallpaper from desktop background and click to close.
NB: if you are using WINDOWS 7 STARTER this feature has been disabled (ie you cant change your wallpaper) to see which version of Operating System in use right click on Computer select Properties.
You can personalize your computer by using your picture as your desktop background.
All you should do is to save or upload your picture to your computer. Save it in a folder (e.g. My Documents > My Pictures)
Open My Documents then My Pictures
Browse your best photo then right click on it then select Set as Desktop Background.
1. Download the Oceanis Change Background (http://www.sevenforums.com/attachments/tutorials/42272d1272912523-desktop-background-change-windows-7-starter-oceanis_change_background_w7.zip)
2. Open the downloaded ZIP file and extract the Oceanis_Change_Background_W7.exe file to your desktop, then run it to install it.
NOTE: You will be prompted to restart the computer to finish installing this program.
3. When your computer restarts, you will see this as your desktop background. Click on the Oceanis Change Background Windows 7 shortcut to change your desktop background. (see screenshot below)
4. Browse to the images that you want to use and check (select) a image, or more than one image to have a desktop slideshow. Select the Picture position for how you want the images displayed, and any desktop slideshow settings if you selected more than one image. (see screenshots below)
NOTE: These options are just like the default ones in the other editions of Windows 7 here that are now being allowed by this program by Oceanis for the Windows 7 Starter edition.
5. When done, click on Save changes.
windows 7 you need install a small application on the computer... Only
with the hekp of that you can change the wallpaper for win 7 starter... Please
use the following link.. This will be helpfull to change the
If you have Windows 7 Starter for netbooks, you cannot easily change the desktop wallpaper. You have to buy the full version of Windows 7 which will run just fine on your netbook. This is M$ way of making money.
Right Click on the Desktop Select "Properties" Click "Desktop" Select any pictures you want or click "Browse" button to install any picture which you want to set as Desktop wallpaper. Click "Apply" then "OK"
For Windows Vista, 7 or 2008
Right Click on the Desktop Select "Personalise" Click "Desktop Wallpaper" Click Browse button to install any picture which you want to set as Desktop wallpaper. Click Save Setting then Close the Window.