Question about HP EliteBook 6930p Notebook PC
Posted by Anonymous on
Here below are possible causes and troubleshooting steps of laptop that can't power on, hope it may help:
1. AC adapter failure.
2. Power jack failure.
3. Motherboard failure.
Possible troubleshooting steps and repair solutions:
1. Test HP EliteBook 6930p charger with a digital multimeter. It's possible that you have a failed AC adapter. If you don't have a multimeter, test your laptop with another known good AC adapter.
2.It's possible that power jack (socket where you plug the AC adapter) is broken. Remove the motherboard and take a closer look at the power jack. In some cases you can fix the jack by resoldering it on the motherboard. In other cases you have to replace the jack with a new one. Using a multimeter, test if the power goes to the motherboard through the jack.
Posted on Jan 03, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
If the computer you are servicing has an unknown user password, follow these steps to clear the
NOTE: These steps also clear CMOS.
1. Shut down the computer. If you are unsure whether the computer is off or in Hibernation, turn the
computer on, and then shut it down through the operating system.
2. Disconnect all external devices connected to the computer.
3. Disconnect the power from the computer by first unplugging the power cord from the AC outlet and
then unplugging the AC adapter from the computer.
4. Remove the battery (see Battery on page 44).
5. Remove the real-time clock (RTC) battery (see RTC battery on page 66).
6. Wait approximately 5 minutes.
7. Replace the RTC battery and reassemble the computer.
8. Connect AC power to the computer. Do not reinsert any batteries at this time.
9. Turn on the computer.
All passwords and all CMOS settings have been cleared.
Posted on Feb 08, 2010
did you try to use web cam with another software like msn and see if it is working or not , if yes try to make skype identify web cam again by going to tools menu then options then choose vedio settings it will identify your cam automatically
by the way i love elitebook its amazing piece
Posted on Feb 23, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 10, 2014 | HP EliteBook 6930p Notebook PC
Apr 16, 2013 | HP EliteBook 6930p Notebook
Nov 30, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Nov 16, 2012 | HP EliteBook 6930p Notebook PC
Jun 29, 2011 | HP EliteBook 6930p Notebook PC KS108UAABA
Mar 01, 2011 | HP EliteBook 6930p Notebook PC
Oct 30, 2010 | HP EliteBook 6930p Notebook PC
Feb 23, 2010 | HP EliteBook 6930p Notebook PC
Jan 22, 2010 | HP EliteBook 6930p Notebook PC
May 10, 2014 | HP EliteBook 6930p Notebook PC
197 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: