Question about Washing Machines
I need nstructions on how to use the machine
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: hoover nextra hnf 3671 -
If the washer doesn't operate or make any noise when set on any cycle, or if it stops suddenly when it should continue onto the next cycle, it may not be receiving electrical power or, if the motor stopped mid-cycle, the machine's overload protector may have tripped. In this case, take out some of the articles to reduce the load and let the protector reset itself, then restart. Otherwise:
1) Be sure it is plugged in and turned on. If necessary, check the receptacle it's plugged into for power, using a working lamp, appliance, or voltage tester. Be sure the washer lid is closed completely.
2) If the receptacle seems dead, check the circuit breaker or fuse that serves that circuit.
3) Unplug the washer and check the power cord. If necessary, replace the cord if you feel qualified.
4) Open the lid and check the lid switch and the tab on the lid that it pushes against. Press and release the switch: if it doesn't click when you do this, it's probably broken. If you're experienced at home repair, you can remove the switch, test it, and replace it if needed; otherwise, call an appliance repair service person.
5) If the washer still doesn't work, the controls may be faulty. Call a service person.
Posted on Mar 02, 2008
I found the basic instructions that came with the washing machine and found that you need a screwdriver to undo a screw to remove the filter cover. I then gradually released the filter cover to empty the water out of the machine in small quantities into a shallow tray. I was then able to remove the filter and clear it of 2 x 20p pieces and a load of gunk. I then removed the 'washable' floormat from the drum as the rubber backing from the mat was crumbling and probably not helping the filter. Filter cleaned and cover screwed back in, mat in the bin, and everything working fine since.
I did try ringing the customer support number and after pressing loads of keys to select appropriate options; confirming my address, postcode, name, date of birth, email address, mothers maiden name, what the kids had for breakfast etc, I was allowed to ask how to get the filter cover off. Apparently this is a technical query and would involve arranging an engineer to call. I declined this very kind service option and opted for a screw driver, common sense and a positive attitude. Worked for me! No blood shed, a tiny bit of sweat whilst trying to get through on phone, and only tears of joy when I fixed it all by myself.
Posted on Jun 02, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 15, 2010 | Hoover Nextra HNF 3157 Front Load Washer
Mar 02, 2010 | Hoover Nextra HNF 3157 Front Load Washer
Feb 01, 2010 | Hoover Nextra HNF 2137 Front Load Washer
Aug 28, 2009 | Washing Machines
Feb 26, 2009 | Hoover Nextra HNF 3157 Front Load Washer
Sep 21, 2008 | Washing Machines
71 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!