Question about Computers & Internet
I have a Toshiba laptop that has a chicony USB 2.0 camera inside it it used to work brilliantly i could use it on the internet and take pictures with it normally with a tool bar on the side of the screen but then I reset all my laptop and the tool bar disappeared but I can still use it on the internet but can make videos or take pics with it normally because the toolbar has completely disappeared. So I searched online how to fix it and someone suggested to on on start, all programs then find Chicony USB 2.0 camera and then press start camera, but I couldnt find the Chicony USB 2.0 camera file.
Suggest you go to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs. Scroll down through the installed programs to see what the camera app is actually called, then search for that name in the "Search" box that pops up after you click on the Start menu (before you click All Programs).
Or try just typing Chicony in the search box.
Posted on Apr 18, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Follow these steps to re-install the driver for the webcam. You will
need to be logged in as an Administrator or have an Administrator
password ready.1. Click the Windows Start button.
2. Click Control Panel, System and Maintenance and then Device Manager.
3. Right-click on Chicony USB 2.0 Camera and select Update Driver Software. A yellow exclamation point indicates that the camera is recognized by Windows but is not working properly, probably because of problem with the device driver
4. Select Browse my computer for the driver software.
5. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
6. Select USB Video Device from the list, and click Next.
7. If the message “Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device” appears, click Close.
8. Restart Windows.
The webcam should now work properly
Posted on May 25, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 21, 2014 | Toshiba Satellite C850-13E 15.6-Inch...
Nov 21, 2013 | IBM LENOVO ThinkPad R500 - Genuine Windows...
Jun 08, 2011 | Gateway Chicony USB 2.0 Camera
Dec 12, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite A305-S6863 Laptop
Oct 12, 2010 | Gateway Chicony USB 2.0 Camera
Jun 14, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite A200-15400U PC Notebook
May 27, 2008 | Toshiba Satellite A135-S2276 Notebook
May 24, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Apr 27, 2008 | Toshiba Satellite A135-S2276 Notebook
44 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!