- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The following steps should remove the privacy lock on your sidekick:
1. Remove Simcard 2.press And Hold the Letter "r" 3.place Battery Into Phone While Holding The Letter "r" 4.wait Until You See The 4 Icons Appear On The Screen 5. Remove Your Finger From The Letter "r" And Let The Phone Re- Boot 6. Place Your Sim Into The Phone Hope this helps,Joe
Most likely you have put a pin code on this phone. This code is stored in the SIM card and when you power up the phone it asks for a pin code before you can operate the phone. In some cases when you enter the wrong pin code too many times the SIM card will lock up. You need to contact the phone service provider for assistance to unlock/remove the pin code.
i dont kno how buh maybe we could help each other I forgot my sidekick lx 3 digit privacy code? i try taking off my sim card but it came then when strigth to the privacy lock .. how can i reset everything idc if it remove all the contacts just want my phone back
Want to clear out info on your Sidekick info (ie: to sell yours)?
1) Remove your sim card
2) From the jump screen: Menu -> Settings -> System Info
3) Press Menu+Shift+X Select OK to clear the flash.
4) Press Menu+Shift+R Select OK to clear the login information.
5) Perform a hard reset now. This will reboot the device. To perform a hard reset:
SK2 - Press the power button and reset button at the same time. Unit
will vibrate when reset. You can use a paper clip or similiar to hit
the reset button located behind the screen.
6) Call your carrier and ask them to detach your device IMEI from the
username locked in. Once that is done, hard reset without your SIM card
1. Remove the battery and the SIM card from the device.
2. Flip the sidekick open; press and hold the letter 'r' on the keypad.
3. While holding the letter 'r', place the battery back in the device. DO NOT INSERT THE SIM CARD YET.
4. The sidekick will restart itself twice. Please make sure not to let the letter 'r' go until it has fully rebooted.
5. Once it has fully rebooted, remove the battery, re-insert the SIM card and battery and power up the device.
6. Once the device has fully rebooted, all prior information should be
erased from the device and it should be restored back to the default
ok dis is wat u have to do (i only tested dis on cingular or at&t waveva u call it)
1.your sim needs a password
2.turn off ur sidekick 3
3.place ur cingular card in
4.turn on sidekick 3
5.itz gunna ask you for a special code ignore it
6. go to settings den sim center
7. if ur sim lock is disabled jus enable it
8.den change ur sin pin to wateva you want
9.once u change it you will signals bars go up
10.go 2 settings network options
11. press scan scan select manually
12. select ur network
13. and datz it your sim iz workin on sidekick 3
if u turn it off u will have 2 do da same process again