Question about GE Energy Star WCVH6260F Front Load Washer
We believe a shirt sleeve was not fully in our GE GCVH6260 front loading washer. With the twisting and turning the shirt pulled our rubber door seal into the washer, stretching the seal. The rubber door seal is formally called a; "front door boot gasket". (image of washer type linked below)
We contacted our local GE store and picked up the replacement boot gasket (part# WH08X10036), which cost about $155 plus tax CDN.
Please Note; I did not remove the front face of the washer..
1. I cut away the old rubber ring as I did not have the "carny hands" needed to loosen the inner ring nut and bolt.
2. I then used a mini hack saw to cut the screw in half (careful not to cut anything else).
3. Once the old rings were removed, I filled the bath tub / laundry tub up with very hot water and submierged the new boot gasket into the water for five minutes.
4. Once heated, I quickly lined up the ring to the proper positioning and was able to put the ring on the washer with little effort.
5. As the ring cooled in place, I put the inner metal ring back into the appropriate groove. As I could not reach in an put a proper nut and bolt into place, I opted to use two thick zip ties to hold the ring in place, pulling it tighter with my pliers on the end and snipping the excess legging off after.
6. The outer ring was relatively easy to put on afterwards.
Special thanks to my pops, Warren McDonald for his great advise on heating the ring to put it in place!
Posted on Feb 14, 2009
How do I replace the door gasket on my front load GE washer
Posted on Jan 20, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 05, 2016 | Washing Machines
Jan 08, 2010 | GE WSXH208A Front Load Washer
Nov 17, 2009 | GE Energy Star WCVH6260F Front Load Washer
Oct 03, 2009 | General Electric WSSH300G Front Load...
Aug 22, 2009 | GE WCVH6260F Front Load Washer
Aug 11, 2009 | GE Energy Star WCVH6260F Front Load Washer
Mar 21, 2009 | GE Energy Star WCVH6260F Front Load Washer
Jan 17, 2009 | GE Energy Star WCVH6260F Front Load Washer
Mar 16, 2008 | GE WSXH208A Front Load Washer
934 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: