Question about Garmin GPS
Concepta Joerger firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Can't register my Garmin c530
You'll need to enter the serial number of your device, only after that you'll be able to select your c530 device from the list. However, if its not showing there then you can visit this link for update installation of your C530---
Garmin C530 Update
Garmin Product Registration Link
And, if you are unable to install the updates then you can visit this link for more details---
Please do rate this solution as FixYa if found helpful and revert for further assistance.
Posted on Apr 29, 2009
SOURCE: I would like to register
You can register your GPS on www.myGarmin.com if it's a brand new unit. If someone else have registred it first (i.e. bought on eBay or similar), it could be a bit of a hazzle however.
Posted on Jun 02, 2009
SOURCE: When I try to register
I would suggest you reset the unit, if that doesn't solve the problem, then you will have to update your garmin nuvi. Follow the procedures below on how to update your garmin nuvi:
1. Plug one end of the USB cable into your GPS and the other end into your desktop or laptop computer. The GPS device will load the appropriate driver automatically, and a message on your GPS tells you that it is connected to your computer via USB.
2. Open your Internet browser of choice and type in the following web addres: "http://www8.garmin.com/support/collection.jsp?product=999-99999-27 "
3. Download the appropriate version of the software for your computer (Windows or Apple) and Install the WebUpdater by following the wizard (accept defaults).
4. Click "Start," "Programs," "Garmin" and " WebUpdater" to update your firmware and your maps. Periodically check and make sure your software is current.
Also, in case you don't know how to reset your garmin nuvi, you can follow the steps below: There are two types of reset;
Performing a Standard Reset
1. Slide the power switch all the way to the left (with the Nuvi's screen facing you).
2. Hold the switch in the position for at least eight seconds.
3. Push the switch to the right to power the Nuvi back on.
Performing a Factory Reset
1. Turn your Nuvi off by sliding the power switch to the left.
2. Press your finger against the bottom right corner of the touchscreen. Hold your finger in this position.
3. Slide the power switch to the right to turn the Nuvi back on. Continue to hold you finger against the screen until you see the factory reset prompt. Tap "Yes" to perform the factory reset.
Posted on Sep 25, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 01, 2011 | Garmin nuvi 1450 GPS Receiver
Jul 19, 2011 | Garmin GPS
May 02, 2011 | Garmin GPS
Jan 24, 2011 | Garmin nuvi 255W GPS Receiver
Dec 04, 2010 | Garmin GPS
Nov 13, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 255W GPS Receiver
Oct 31, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 255W GPS Receiver
Aug 19, 2010 | Garmin GPS
Aug 16, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 255W GPS Receiver
Aug 11, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 205W GPS Receiver
17 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: