Check to make sure it is threaded through all of the threading points and that it is seated in the tension (Hold the thread from pulling off the spool and pull a little Just before you thread the needle to make sure thread is seated in the tension disc). Check the bobbin and make sure it is seated properly. There is only one way for the bobbin to go in the bobbin casing, check manual. If threaded properly, tighten the tension. It should work fine.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
try rethreading the machine top and bobbin try turning the bobbin the opposite direction clean under the needle plate and in the bobbin area for lint or loose threads make sure the top thread has not come off the thread take up lever
* Un-thread your machine and remove your bobbin. Clean any loose thread or lint out of your bobbin case. Re-thread your machine, reinsert and re-thread your bobbin.
* Change your bobbin There could be a nick along the edge of your bobbin spool that’s catching your thread as you sew.
* When you start to sew a seam, grasp the upper and bobbin thread tails. Hold them back and out of the way as you sew your first couple of stitches. This will keep them from getting caught in your machine.
To learn how to solve bobbin jam and select the correct needle, I suggest you to order the following product:
Sewing Machine Repair Guide
It's a professional step-by-step repair guide written by an expert. Besides Singer sewing machine, you can learn how to repair other brands of sewing machine as well. The author claims that you can earn money after you had learned the repair skills!
I am having somewhat the same problem with the exception that my needle did not break. I've cleaned and oil, but the bobbin case and projection positioned spring is not communicating to allow sewing to continue. The thread keeps jamming and the bobbin raises up the plate. So, what else am I to do?