Question about Computers & Internet

1 Answer

Is it STK 465 ic--You need the Whole unit or only the replacement part Ic ?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 7,627 Answers

What kind of Laptop?

Posted on Dec 31, 2012


4 Suggested Answers

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi there,
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.

Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.

Here's a link to this great service

Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

  • 846 Answers

SOURCE: How much is it to replace the whole Board instead

Just try to find a chip on the motherboard that has maxim 1987 printed on it and try to move the pins with a flathead screwdriver. If they move, they need to be resoldered. I work for Laptop repair NYC and we do this repair frequently.

Posted on Dec 20, 2009

  • 17130 Answers

SOURCE: i need Original Sansui CR-M7

These Audio output IC's are not easily available unless you try for some old stock in good electronic stores. mention the details of the STK number and if you are not able to get this same , it is better to substitute with a universal type output - Mosfet type or IC matching the power supply.

Posted on Feb 19, 2011

SOURCE: i gave ma lap to a service centre.......he told me dat its power ic ISL 6262 is short nd hav to replace......he s n shortage of dat dr any site like ebay 4m wr i can get dat IC?

Have you tried eBAy?
Have you Googled "eBay similar sites"

This link displays about 250 million hits:
50 Ebay Similar Sites ' Websites Like

Posted on Nov 23, 2012

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Mirror image??

Your problem is the convergence circuit, you need to replace the convergence Ic's there are two large black IC's mounted on a large metal heatsink. The part numbers are STK-392-110 replace them with the same part number or use STK-392-120 for better and long lasting.

Sep 09, 2011 | Panasonic Televison & Video

1 Answer

I have a Fisher Stereo Amp Model CA-9025 thats not producing any sound. I have the cabinet off the unit, the unit will turn on, but won't produce any sound. Any other fuses to check or other ideas?

These units use STK amp pac ICs (large black part attached to the rear heatsink). In many cases, this IC is defective. It is possible that there is a problem with the voltage regulator circuit, but that is less likely. This IC needs to be replaced. Expect to pay in the $50 range (or more) for the part.


Mar 12, 2011 | Sony Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer


This is due to a convergence IC failure, the blue convergence Ic is faulty, but when replacing convergence Ic's replace both of them as the other is not far behind to fail you in the future, the part number to use for replacing them is STK-392-110 , I suggest if you have someone replace them, that you have them use STK-392-120 instead as they work better and longer. If you take off the back of the television they are the largest IC's in the unit, they are mounted on large metal heat sinks..

Aug 23, 2010 | Hitachi Televison & Video

2 Answers

Replacement STK numbers for convergence amps

This unit does not use the STK series convergence amps.The convergence power supply is what you need.I will provide that number for you after while.

Jan 19, 2009 | RCA P52960 52" Rear Projection Television

1 Answer

STK IC CHIP 392-110

I made the same repair in a Toshiba 42h81 I replaced the STK 392-110 and after a lot of searching found the cheaper ones last 6 month or so be sure to use Sanyo IC's and replace the resistors with them when the IC's let go they take the resistors out I posted my repair On my page if it will help you

Dec 02, 2008 | Toshiba 42H81 42" Rear Projection...

3 Answers

STK IC 392-110 Chips

am having stk 4392 amp board 2 channel, i want to change this two channel in to one channel. what modofication should i do

Dec 02, 2008 | Toshiba 42H81 42" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

Blinking colors

there is a stk ic in the tv.which is located on the main board of the tv.that stk ic has gone faulty so u r getting this problem. u can get this new stk ic for replacement at  radioshack websites.

Dec 01, 2008 | Toshiba Televison & Video

1 Answer

Convergance- Red X will not move to make crosshairs white. Picture is doubled with red and blue. TV is a 55 in Mitsubishi VS55601.

This problem is related to the Convergence controller IC called STK.It must get malfuntioning replace the STK IC with the same numer IC. But one thing is importent that there must be two IC STK's and you have to change both of them.

Oct 11, 2008 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

Mitsubishi ws-65809 concave picture

There will be either one or two of them, and they will be heavily heat sunk - as in mounted on a big heat sink, with vertical fins. That's all I can say without seeing the unit in front of me, open. They usually face towards the front, are in the middle of the middle board, and the name of the ICs is covered by a screw-on plate, which has to be removed for replacement.
Be generous with the heat sink compound when replacing the ICs, get the old stuff offa the heat sink with a putty knife if it has dried out.

To check whether you need to replace the ICs or not, with the unit on if you tap on the heat sink with something long and not conductive, like a stick, and it affects your conv - be VERY careful, this has to be done while the unit is on - you can probably get by with just resoldering the legs. If not and it just won't converge, IC replacement will be necessary. I recommend replacing both if you replace one, because next week the other one may go out and you may have to get in and out of the unit all over again.

Best way is usually to remove the entire light box, tho sometimes it's best to remove just the board, other times you can prop the whole board up and do the resoldering on your back.

Mr Bob

May 25, 2008 | Televison & Video

2 Answers


Probable bad convergence IC's---STK units on large heat sink.

Also,possible blown fuse (soldered-in) hidden under heat sink.

Samsung is known for making the fuse devices hard to find.

Let me know if you need more help....T.

Oct 19, 2007 | Samsung PCL5415RB 54" Rear Projection...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Computers & Internet Logo

Related Topics:

18 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Computers & Internet Experts

Les Dickinson
Les Dickinson

Level 3 Expert

18424 Answers

Doctor PC
Doctor PC

Level 3 Expert

7733 Answers

David Payne
David Payne

Level 3 Expert

14162 Answers

Are you a Computer and Internet Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides