Question about Brother Mfc-j835dw All-in-one Wireless Color Inkjet Printer
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: The printer
You may need to clean the printhead: (make sure you have paper in the tray)
1) Press <Menu>
2) Press <Up> or <Down> arrow to select "Ink" then press <OK>
3) Press <Up> or <Down> arrow to select "Test print" then press <OK>
4) Press <Up> or <Down> arrow to select "Print quality" then press <OK>
5) Press the <Color Start> button. The quality test sheet will be printed. Check this printout for gaps in any of the colors or black in the pattern across the page.
6) The display on the printer will ask if the print quality is OK:
- If all lines are clear and visible, select "Yes"
- If gaps appear in the pattern, select "No"
7) If you select "No" the display asks (in turn) if the print quality is OK for black, and the three colors.
Respond "Yes" or "No" accordingly. (In this manner you may clean just the black or color nozzle that is giving you the problem)
8) The display asks if you want to start cleaning - choose "Yes"
9) After cleaning is finished press the <Color Start> button - the print quality sheet will print again.
At this point you may determine that another cleaning cycle is necessary. You may need to repeat cleanings (up to five times) to resolve the problem. Any more than that indicates a problem that may need brother customer support.
10) When the print quality test sheet meets with your approval, you may exit by pressing <Stop/Exit>
Posted on Jan 23, 2010
With some Brother printers you can try this.
Access the internal maintenance mode by pressing the Menu/Set button, then press * 2 8 6 4 within 2 seconds. This should put you in the maintenance mode menu. Enter 80, and then scroll down with the arrow down (round) key. You'll find an entry listed as purge count. If number is over 6000, enter 2 7 8 3.
This will reset the purge count value. Then the printer will restart, hopefully without the annoying cannot clean message.
Some times this happens because of using cheap compatible ink cartridges if this is the case change the ink cartridges.
Please come back and just gave a vote, it will gave me some satisfaction to know am helping some one so I will keep on helping.
All The Best: Pineworks
Posted on Feb 18, 2010
Several conditions may cause the error message Machine Error 30, 33, 34 or 35 to be displayed on the LCD. This error may be the result of one of the following:
If your machine is still within warranty, click here to locate a Brother Authorized Service Center in your area or click here to obtain contact information for the appropriate Brother Customer Service Center. If you are out of warranty, use the link to locate a Brother Authorized Service Center in your area.
Also this might be handy for you. To reset purge counter
1) Enter machine maintenance mode (on MFC240C all four photo/copy/fax/scan lights flash in maintenance mode). Care is needed in maintenance mode, otherwise critical settings may be inadvertently corrupted.
FAX models with numerical keypads: Press the Menu/Set, *, 2, 8, 6 and 4 keys within two seconds. (if you fail to complete the correct key sequence within two seconds, press the Stop key to try again).
Other (non-FAX) models: Press the Menu/Set and Black Start keys. Next press the “up arrow” key four times to enter the maintenance mode).
2) Press the 8 then 0 keys in the initial stage of the maintenance mode to call up the machine’s log information list (function code 80).
3) Press the Black Start key several times to scroll through the log information list to reach the purge counter. The purge counter is the 25th item in the list.
4) Press the 2, 7, 8, and 3 keys in this order to reset the purge count to zero.
5) Press the Stop/Exit key to return to the initial stage of the maintenance mode.
6) Press the 9 key twice to return to the standby state.
Please call back and gave us a vote. All The Best: Pineworks
Posted on Mar 02, 2010
The nozzle may be blocked. So take out the colour cartridge and place its nozzle in a bit of water for about 10 mins. Bring it out and dab the nozzle with folded paper. If the tissue is blotted with the three colour it means you have unblocked the nozzle. Try now to print after returning the colour cartridge. You may need to repeat to get good results.
Posted on Jun 25, 2010
SOURCE: my brother mfc j220 canoot
It looks like the magenta print head nozzels are blocked.
Inkjet printers need to be used frequently to prevent inkdrying out in the print head nozzles.
If the print head cleaning maintenance routine does not clear the blockages,then print head needs replacing, but it may be expensive.
It may be more cost effective to buy a later model and better printer thanreplace the print head.
Posted on Sep 06, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 12, 2014 | Brother Network-Ready Wireless Color...
Dec 18, 2013 | Brother Mfc-j835dw All-in-one Wireless...
Dec 21, 2012 | Brother MFC 7420 All-In-One Laser Printer
Aug 28, 2012 | Brother MFC 7420 All-In-One Laser Printer
Jun 24, 2012 | Brother MFC J6510DW - Multifunction fax /...
Mar 08, 2012 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 31, 2011 | Brother MFC-290C Multifunction Color...
Aug 10, 2011 | Brother MFC-290C Printer
Mar 07, 2017 | Brother Mfc-j835dw All-in-one Wireless...
478 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: