Question about Frigidaire GLTF2940ES Front Load Washer
I have a front load washing machine - FTF53OFS. The fabric softener dispenser is clogged and I need to remove the tray to clean it. How do I remove the tray? I do not have a manual (washer came with purchase of the house)
Hi, nikoltheis! i'm not sure if we have exactly the same model, but it should be pretty close. here's what my user's manual says:
Detergent and fabric softner may build up in the dispenser drawer. Residue should be removed once or twice a month
- Remove the drawer by first sliding the safety latch to the right, then pulling the drawer out until it stops.
- Reach back into the left rear corner or the drawer cavity and press down firmly on the lock tab (left rear portion of the drawer). Pull out the drawer.
- Remove the insert from the bleach and fabric softner compartments.
- Rinse the drawer and inserts with hot tap water to remove traces of accumulated powders and liquids. Large amounts of fabric softner residue may indicate improper dilution or that more frequent cleaning is required.
- To clean the drawer opening (the empty area left behind when you remove the drawer) use a small brush to clean the recess. Remove all the residue from the upper and lower parts of the recess. (The picture shows this being done with a tooth brush.)
- Replace the insert pressing "X" to lock it in place. Return the dispenser drawer.
Posted on Jan 19, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 23, 2015 | Frigidaire Washing Machines
Oct 04, 2015 | GE Washing Machines
Feb 10, 2015 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Sep 01, 2014 | Frigidaire Affinity ATF6000F Front Load...
Sep 20, 2009 | Frigidaire ATF6000ES Front Load Washer
Mar 22, 2009 | Frigidaire GLTF1670A Front Load Washer
Feb 11, 2008 | Maytag Neptune MAH6700A Front Load Washer
Dec 29, 2007 | Washing Machines
Oct 05, 2007 | Frigidaire GLTF2940ES Front Load Washer
587 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!