Question about Dane-Elec DaneElec 4GB USB Drive Copper Hard Drive
Where can i please go to re install the firmware for my flash drive?
Click start control panel administration tools computer management device manager scroll through all of your devices or for Windows 7 click start right click on computer select properties in the left pane device manager scroll through all of your devices. If you see a yellow question / exclamation mark ? ! or a Red X you will need to update the drivers for this device right click select update driver/reinstall driver software. If you can see your usb device but its not working scroll to Ports(Com&Ltd) right click to update driver If you computer came with a motherboard disk the drivers could be on it. or you might have to download them Rather doing a driver hunt which can take hours http://download.cnet.com/slimdrivers-free/3000-18513_4-75279940.html Windows XP/Vista/7/8
it might take some time being a freeware driver solution Note: it will find all of your outdated drivers
This will automatically search for and find the correct driver you will have to update every driver individually once you update you might be asked whether you want to restart or make a system restore point.
Click no to both of these then continue updating each driver free then restart once all of the drivers have been updated.
if you need more help with this or if i have missed the problem post a reply Hope it helps.
Posted on Dec 31, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Dane-Elec USB not working!
How I got it to work in XP Pro:
1) Plugged USB Drive in and saw it saw hardware manager install it but didn't see new Drive Volume in My Computer
2) Opened Control Panel
3) Open System
4) Clicked Device Manager from Hardware Tab
5) Expanded Disk Drives
6) Right clicked USB Flash Memory USB Device and hit Properties
7) Clicked Volume Tab and hit the Populate Button. Voila!
Posted on Jan 08, 2009
1) Instead of double-clicking, right-click and choose "explore." I hope it's that simple. Once you're in, look for a file called autorun.inf. Delete it.
2) If it won't let you explore, see if there is a "format" option instead. This will possibly solve your issue of access, and will solve your issue with your confidential data (of course, your data will be gone, but I'm guessing you're OK with that).
3) Try using another USB slot, sometimes there could be an issue with specific slots, especially if you are using hte front USB ports on a desktop
4) I know this may seem silly but turn off the computer, and then unplug the computer from the wall. Leave it unplugged for 30 seconds, plug it in and then boot up the systems. Plug in the USB drive.
5) Finally if the unit still is not being seen, it may need a low level format, contact the manufacturer and see about getting a replacement. I found their e-mail at email@example.com
Posted on Feb 28, 2011
SOURCE: my computer does not recognize
click start control panel administrive tools ,computer management ,device manager scroll down universal serial bus controllers you should see a yellow question mark?
right click to reinstall drivers or
if you can see your usb drive but its not working
ports(com&lpt)right click update driver
check the USB leads that attach to the motherboard usually red-white-green-black make sure they are securely seated and have no dust build up on them dust will cause static and a lot of unforeseen problems for a computer and its parts also
scroll to disk drives if you can see your drive + to expand right click you should see options to update driver,disable,uninstall scan for hardware changes. or
select properties you should see options in the general tab to troubleshoot,policies,volumes,driver and details under the driver tab you will have the options to check the driver details,update driver,rollback driver or uninstall
hope this helps
Posted on Mar 16, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 07, 2012 | Dane Elec Dane-Elec (DA-HDO25-320G-N-T-PM)...
Mar 08, 2011 | Dane-Elec DaneElec 4GB USB Drive Copper...
Feb 27, 2011 | Dane-Elec DaneElec 4GB USB Drive Copper...
Aug 20, 2010 | Dane-Elec DaneElec 4GB USB Drive Copper...
Jan 01, 2010 | Dane-Elec DaneElec 4GB USB Drive Copper...
May 12, 2008 | Dane-Elec DaneElec 4GB USB Drive Copper...
Jun 15, 2017 | Dane-Elec DaneElec 4GB USB Drive Copper...
99 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: