I have had this T830 for about a week now. I noticed couple problems that were really bothersome:
1. It has very low senstivity for phone signals. A regular cell phone side by side (for Cingular) shows at least 1-2 bars better.
2. The PDA phone hang frequently, and the only way to reset the PDA is to pop the battery cover open, a pain in the neck since there is no opening or external reset. My Dell x51v PDA (or any other PDA) offers much easier way to reset the device.
3. There should be some way to guarantee the phone operation, even if the PDA function is dead.
4. There is no convenient volume control via buttons anywhere, and I have to use the stylis to adjust the volume.
5. Not quite sure if the time is automatically synchronized with the phone company. It did not appear to be.
6. No LED flash for the camera.
7. the 4 way navigation button, as well as the jog thing on the side jumps over way too many items in the calendar window. I cannot use the navigation buttn or jog to smoothly go from one appointment to the next.
I already upgraded to the firmware image version 812 EMP7078, but it did not improve performance of the phone at all. I am in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try loading the ActiveSync program onto your computer again. I have found this works most times. Also once loaded you have to place the T830 in the cradle for it to register as being connected. Check your type of connections to the PC in the program options as well - USB is the best, you may be on a Com port that is not recognized.
To do a Hard Factory Reset:
Simultaneously press the Suspend/Resume (END) button whilst pressing the stylus tip into the reset opening.
Keep them held until the screen comes back on. Then release the buttons
You will get the Boot options:
CLEAN REGISTRY - This resets the device to factory settings, losing applications but keeps the data intact.
FACTORY DEFAULTS - This completely wipes everything and resets the device back to it's factory defaults.
The phone code locks your t830 to the inserted SIM card, if you change the SIM the unit asks for this code. If you don't know the code (ebay?) there are three possibilities: 1. ask the formerly owner for the key 2. insert the "old" SIM-Card and delete the key in the phone-settings-menu by pressing "forgot code" and entering only the SIM-Card-Code 3. send your device to FSC with your bill (ebay?)
KICK YOURSELF OR THE EBAY-SELLER FOR FORGETTING SECURITY-CODES!
I to all, sorry for my english. I have resolved this problem, with the PocketLOOX8xxFlashTool.exe. The tool first try to connect to the T830, then it show you how to reset the PocketLoox to reflash it. The sequence is:
1) Reset by pressing Power Button + camera button + factory reset; 2) insert the usb cable in the T830 or insert it in the docking with the Power Button + camera button pressed. When you insert the usb cable, on the screen it show a new message "New USB download mode". Now PocketLOOX8xxFlashTool.exe can connect to your t830 and reflash it.