I have had this T830 for about a week now. I noticed couple problems that were really bothersome:
1. It has very low senstivity for phone signals. A regular cell phone side by side (for Cingular) shows at least 1-2 bars better.
2. The PDA phone hang frequently, and the only way to reset the PDA is to pop the battery cover open, a pain in the neck since there is no opening or external reset. My Dell x51v PDA (or any other PDA) offers much easier way to reset the device.
3. There should be some way to guarantee the phone operation, even if the PDA function is dead.
4. There is no convenient volume control via buttons anywhere, and I have to use the stylis to adjust the volume.
5. Not quite sure if the time is automatically synchronized with the phone company. It did not appear to be.
6. No LED flash for the camera.
7. the 4 way navigation button, as well as the jog thing on the side jumps over way too many items in the calendar window. I cannot use the navigation buttn or jog to smoothly go from one appointment to the next.
I already upgraded to the firmware image version 812 EMP7078, but it did not improve performance of the phone at all. I am in the San Francisco Bay Area.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
SimplifydigitalJul 11, 2014 - This handy guide will help you fix simple digital TV reception issues with Freeview, satellite and cable TV set top boxes. ... If you're suffering from poor digital TV signal, it may be possible to fix reception issues quickly, at home. ... We're here to run you through how to fix TV ...
First of all, try to have this repaired under warranty. Usually these sets have a 1 year warranty. Second, make a recording of the problem. That will help the servicer to understand the problem.
If you are not successful at the warranty repair, the first thing to look for is a power supply problem or poor connections at the audio amp area. I will attempt to locate more details while you persue the warranty claim.
I think having the display showing MHz for the air band would have been a better choice on Grundig's part, but it really doesn't matter that much. Its just a matter of moving the decimal point to the left three places. As far as getting better reception on the air band, here are some tips:
1. Use an antenna. 2. Try other antennas. 3. Find a known active freq. 4. Find a freq. low of FM spurs. 5. Turn up the volume.
I own and use a G6, and get decent results with it on the airband.
If the antenna is on the front, pop the hood, and locate where the antenna wire connects to the bottom of the antenna and make sure it is connected well. If everything checks out there, you will have to pull the radio from the dash, and look at the back of it. There will be a large black wire by itself connected to the radio. Push it in to make sure its connected as well. That could really be your only problem unless your radio happens to have a fault on the inside which is extremely rare. Hope that helps
There is a problem with the tuner section. I would first suspect poor solder connections. If resoldering the ground connections on the tuner fails to resolve the problem, a replacement can be purchased for $38.40 using part number: 8-598-594-30
Your antenna wire could be loose behind the radio because sometime they will have to use an adapter because of the size another thing could be if you have a sirius/xm radio they will send you an adapter to cut down on the static for free also the adapter on the sirius could be loose or bad good luck
I to all, sorry for my english. I have resolved this problem, with the PocketLOOX8xxFlashTool.exe. The tool first try to connect to the T830, then it show you how to reset the PocketLoox to reflash it. The sequence is:
1) Reset by pressing Power Button + camera button + factory reset; 2) insert the usb cable in the T830 or insert it in the docking with the Power Button + camera button pressed. When you insert the usb cable, on the screen it show a new message "New USB download mode". Now PocketLOOX8xxFlashTool.exe can connect to your t830 and reflash it.