An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Error code problem
Unplug printer. Press and hold power button for about 15 seconds.
5C00 is a hardware service code. Meaning there is an EEPROM error on the printer systemboard.
Which may need to be replacing by a certified techinican.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
[5C00} & Light Blinking 4 times = Purge Cam Sensor Error. That's mean there is an error occurred in the purge unit. You may either need to replace PURGE UNIT or LOGIC BOARD to solve out this error. Thank you.
According to the Service Manual Error Code List these are the two possible candidates to cause this failure: - Purge unit (Part-No. QM2-1307) - Logic board ***’y (Part-No. QM2-1272/QM2-1273) which means, this device has to go to the service. (Or to bereplaced) Best Regards cominarosa
Error code 5C00 refers to possible paper jam or product needs reset or service.
It is possible that a previous paper jam has left a piece of paper inside the machine. If you cannot see any paper jammed at either input area, open the rear cover and look in there. Otherwise, you can try to reset the product:
Reset the printer:
1. Turn the printer off with the Power button
2. Disconnect the data cable from the printer
3. Unplug the printer's power cord for approximately 10 minutes, and then plug it back in. Attach data cable.
4. Turn the printer back on
If all of these suggestions fail, your MX700 may require repair service.
1. Turn off printer 2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button. 3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go. 4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go. 5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking. 6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times. 7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not, press the Power button once more. 8. Your printer should respond as normal.