Question about Grilling
Did not come with instructions for assembly
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I could not find a replacement but used 2, 18" weber circular grates, one on each end and they overlap in the middle. It is not and ideal arrangement but it allows me to continue to use this discontinued charcoal grill that I love so much
Posted on Mar 31, 2009
I purchased this grill and assembled it yesterday. I noted the area that is providing confusion as it is wrong. Please follow the following instructions. It is quite simple when you have a background in electrical and electronics engineering. These directions should translate my knowledge into step by step instructions for all.
1. Attach the two thinner wires with two terminals on each wire, from the front of the grill head to the larger (Input or Control) terminals on the igniter assembly. These two wires are from the push to turn micro switches on each of the burner control knobs on the grill head. Attach the two smaller terminals on these thinner wires to the micro switch on the side burner control connected as part of the regulator and hose assembly.
2. Attach the three thicker wires from the front of the grill head to three of the six smaller (output) terminals on the igniter assembly. These wires go to the igniters themselves.
3. Connect the two thicker wires from the rear of the grill head to two of the six output terminals on the igniter assembly. The small wire is for the igniter on the bottom infrared burner and the larger, thermally insulated wire, connects to the igniter on the rear infrared burner.
4. Connect the lead from the side burner to the remaining small output terminal on the igniter assembly.
5. Mount the igniter to the front of the right side shelf by removing the battery cover and hexagonal nut. Insert the shaft through the hole in the front of the right side shelf and secure with the hexagonal nut. Replace the battery cap. Do not install the battery at this time.
6. Mount the side burner control by inserting the long end of the control into the side burner assembly. Attach the control to the front of the right side shelf with the two screws held in the front of the control assembly. NOTE: You must remove the screws from the control assembly and insert them through the Off/On bezel and front panel of the right side shelf before screwing them back into the control assembly. Install the control knob for the right side shelf. Verify that the connections to the side burner control micro switch made in step 1 are still intact.
7. Insert the battery into the igniter assembly by removing the batter cap and inserting the AA size battery with the positive (pointed) end out. Replace the battery cap.
8. Test the igniter assembly prior to installing the gas tank and installing the “Flame Tamers” and grates by pushing in on each burner control knob in turn. Listen for a popping sound and look for sparks at each burner.
I hope this helps.
E. F. Roberts & Associates
Posted on Apr 09, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 21, 2017 | Weber Grilling
May 13, 2015 | Grilling
Jul 04, 2011 | Grilling
Jul 04, 2011 | Weber One-Touch Gold 18.5 Grill
Jun 16, 2011 | Brinkmann Smoke 'n Grill Double-Grill...
May 28, 2011 | Weber One Touch Silver Charcoal Grill
Mar 16, 2011 | Tool Box Grill Charcoal
Feb 18, 2011 | Char-Griller Char Griller Pro Deluxe...
53 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: