Question about Whirlpool 25.4 Cu. Ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator w/Thru-the-Door Ice & Water - Satina Stainless-Look
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Ice Dispenser Doesn't work...
sounds like the water coming into the icemaker is spilling over or leaking into the ice despenser bucket.... check for ice build up or plugging of water chut into ice maker
Posted on Sep 08, 2007
On advice from the tech I removed acess door. It was covered by frozen moisture.
I removed the motor it was full of water. I verified 120 volts at plug to motor from control
by depressing the door switch and ice dispenser lever at same time. The motor ohms out
but because of amount of water removed from it I am going to replace it and see what happens.
Posted on Aug 06, 2008
check to make sure there is water or ice in your ice maker tray. If none then problem is usually a water supply issue to the ice maker. Behind the frig are the water supply inlet valves. One is for the water dispenser in the door. THe other is for the ice maker. However when one goes bad they both are replaced as one unit. Also Check position of fingers in ice maker. If not in a vertical position then try to reset the ice maker unit and worse comes to worse, replace it with a new one.
Posted on Nov 30, 2008
Take off the back panel in the freezer. 1/4" screws. Use a nut driver or ratchet and socket with an extension.
2. Behind the frost is the evaporator and the defrost heaters. One heater in the middle and one at the bottom. They are glass tubes. If you can see the bottom heater that is great. If not use a hair dryer and defrost only the very bottom to expose the lower heater only.
3. Now in the refrigerator section at the top where the controls are, take off the long plastic piece to expose the timer. The timer should be on the right hand side and have a little circle that is slotted. Get a flat screwdriver and turn that timer slowly clockwise just until it clicks and the refrigerator turns off. This will put it into defrost.
4. Now look at that heater that you exposed and see if it glows and gets hot. If it does, then the timer is bad.
5. If the heater doesn't come on then go ahead and defrost the rest of the evaporator with the hair dryer. This will take a little while. Don't poke at the evaporator!!!
6. Once totally defrosted look at both heaters. They should look like clear glass and see a silver coil running thru them. If they look discolored at all then the heaters are bad. The heaters come as a complete assembly with the defrost thermostat which clips onto the evaporator.
7. If the heaters look ok the only way to know for sure if they are bad is to check continuity with a meter on the plug at the end of their wiring harness. If you can check that then you can splice in a new defrost thermostat to solve the problem. However the best thing to do is replace the heaters and defrost thermostat . It is easy to install.
Follow these steps and this will solve your problem.
Hope this helpout......
Posted on Aug 04, 2010
Here is a link to your units dispenser parts drawing.
Being that you have ice in the bucket,that tells me that there is an electrical issue...no ice or water from dispenser.
Two parts you need to check
Part number 14 the switch and part number 17 the electronic board.
Let me know what you find....
Posted on Feb 21, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 01, 2012 | Maytag Refrigerators
Jun 02, 2012 | GE Refrigerators
Sep 25, 2011 | Hotpoint HSS25GFP Side by Side...
Sep 01, 2011 | Whirlpool Gold White-on-White 21.9 cu. ft....
Aug 29, 2011 | KitchenAid Superba Architect KSCS25INSS...
Apr 11, 2011 | Kenmore Side by Side Refrigerator
Oct 12, 2009 | Whirlpool 25.6 cu. ft. Side-by-Side...
Sep 04, 2009 | Whirlpool Freezers
Feb 24, 2008 | Jenn-Air JCD2295K Stainless Steel Side by...
55 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: