MY PLAYER GOT DRENCHED IN WATER
First. Stop trying to use the unit! Having power go to the unit can and usually will short something out, so if the battery is removable, do so. It may take opening up the machine to find the battery if its built in. I'm not familiar with this one so I don't know.
Next thing I do Is open up the back of the unit allowing air to circulate and giving you access to anything that is moist. At this point, I usually try to use a hair dryer to CAREFULLY dry the interior of the machine. Do this for several minutes as it takes a while to evaporate all the water in the nooks of the machine. Since the machines is semi working, its most likely not that wet. If the machine has been doused, went through the laundry, fell in a toilet, etc, I then choose to re wet the machine my giving it a QUICK dip in rubbing alcohol. The alcohol evaporates quickly and assists in lifting the sometimes contaminated water off the machine. Again, do this once you have nothing to lose.
Go back to blow drying.. 7-10 times, if your patient, dry the machine enough, you will fix your wet item. If its a nice week, allowing the machine to dry in a open window in the sun for 2-4 days cant hurt your chances either.
Just remember, the main damage is caused by shorting out the unit by having it connected to a power supply, this includes the battery.
Unfortunately, this doesn't usually include the lcd screen. they are rather fragile and will usually need to be replaced if there is a dead area once your done.
May 15, 2009 |
Samsung YP-U3 MP3 Player