Question about Kenmore Washing Machines
Does not drain completely; I have checked all hoses and removed drain pump//
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: kenmore washer
No need to remove the back panel on this model. You can access everything by removing the washer cabinet. Here's how:
1. Unplug washing machine.
2. Remove console. This can be accomplished in one of two ways depending on which type of console you have.
a. If the console has removable end caps, the caps lift off by prying on the top from the back of the washer. The cap will pull off towards you as you are facing the unit from the front of the washer. There will be a screw under each end cap that you will need to remove.
b. If the console does not have removable end caps, you will need to slide a putty knife under the front corner of each side and push in while lifting up. There is a retaining clip under each side that has to be released.
3. Once the console has been released it will lift up and fold back over the back of the washer in its resting position. Use care not to stress the small plastic hinges that hold it on. They can break easily.
4. Under the console will be two large brass colored clips. Take a large flat blade screwdriver and place it in the groove of the clip on the washer top. With the screwdriver firmly in the groove, push away from you towards the back of the washer. This will release the clips.
5. Disconnect the lid switch connector plug. This is the white colored plug on the washer top under the console.
NOTE: The washer will NOT operate with the lid switch connector unplugged. If you wish to attempt to test the washer for leaks with the casing removed, you will need to by-pass the lid switch. This can be accomplished by jumpering the two black wires together at the lid switch receptacle. CAUTION: DO NOT attempt to jumper the wires with the washer plugged in! Attach jumper, then plug the washer in.
6. Remove the washer casing. Open the lid of the washer. Using one hand, grip under the front rim of the washer opening. Do not grab the wash tub, just the casing. Tilt the washer case from the back first towards you, slide forward slightly, and then lift up. The entire case comes off exposing the wash tub and components.
Now, you stated your washer leaks during the rinse cycle. Double check all hose connections on the water pump (located directly in front under the wash tub). The pumps have also been known to start leaking along the seams. NOTE: If the pump leaks, it is NOT serviceable and must be replaced. They do not come apart.
To re-install washer case:
1. With the lid of the washer open, place grasp case under front rim and place it on the washer frame. While looking down through the washer lid opening, make sure the front lip of the case is placed UNDER the washer frame and rocked back onto the frame to ensure that the small cleats on the frame fit into the slotted grooves on the washer case base. If you do not get the case seated correctly it will rattle and vibrate while the washer is in operation.
2. Make the back of the washer fits into the washer casing on each side and reinsert the brass clips. Place the clip into the slot on the back of the washer first, and then forcefully push it into the opening on top of the washer. It will snap back into to place.
3. REINSTALL LID SWITCH CONNECTOR. It is easy to forget. If you do not reconnect it, the washer will not work correctly.
4. Reinstall console.
I know it seems like a lot, but it is an easy process if you take your time and follow the steps as written. Let me know if you need further assistance.
Posted on May 12, 2008
The rubber seal is called the "bellow". Replacements can be ordered on line at searspartsdirect.com, appliancepartspros.com, or repairclinic.com. All three sites offer great service, so shop around for the best prices.
For instructions on how to replace the bellow yourself, follow this link:
This is not a difficult repair, but it can be a bit intimidating to a beginner. If you have questions along the way, or require additional assistance, please let me know before you rate the solution. I hope this helps you.
Posted on Jan 31, 2009
Is the drain hose kinked or clogged? Is the drain hose installed properly? look in the installation Instructions, Press POWER/CANCEL to clear display........ hope this helps.....
Posted on Jan 08, 2010
SOURCE: my top load 22922 Kenmore
This assumes that you have a basic Kenmore / Whirlpool top load, direct drive, neutral drain (it doesn't spin until the pump removes most of the water) machine.
First, see the Sears parts site for your washer:
and you'll see a list of major sub-components with diagrams and parts.
Newer model Whirlpool / Kenmore washers use a Lid Switch as a safety device. Unless the switch senses that the lid on the washer is closed, the washer will neither agitate nor spin.
Older models only used the switch during the spin cycle.
Try to bypass the Lid Switch by removing the Console and jumping the two outermost pins on the switch.
This is a Whirlpool PDF on how these washers operate. It has a diagram on jumping the switch as well as a detailed section on how the transmission works.
It also has a troubleshooting guide.
To bypass the switch, you only have to disconnect the power to the washer, tilt the console back, unplug the switch and using an short piece of insulated wire, jump the two outermost contacts on the connector coming from the console and plug the washer back in.
Following is a description of how to gain access to the console and how to remove the cabinet if necessary.
With the jumper in place, try to re-start the washer.
If it works, the Lid Switch is a relatively inexpensive part and only requires you to access the console and remove the cabinet.
Posted on Dec 04, 2010
Testimonial: "Thanks so much, oldguy5, for all the information, and links you provided. I felt confident enough to take apart the cabinet myself, & it's working now"
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 11, 2011 | Kenmore 15944 Top Load Washer
Oct 06, 2010 | Maytag MAT12CS Top Load Washer
Feb 15, 2010 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Sep 13, 2009 | Bosch Axxis WFL 2060 Front Load Washer
Jul 20, 2009 | Whirlpool Calypso GVW9959K Top Load Washer
Jun 13, 2009 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Jun 03, 2009 | Kenmore 22422 Top Load Washer
Dec 16, 2008 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Dec 14, 2008 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Aug 16, 2007 | Kenmore 24872 Top Load Washer
28 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: