Question about Desa International Heating & Cooling
Logs are likely not placed properly on the burner. Option two is if they are a vented gas log soot is normal, but only on vented sets. Unvented Logs will be soot free. Soot is a sure sign of Carbon Monoxide. Install a detector if you do not have one.
Posted on Feb 10, 2013
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
There should be a set of metal cards attached inside the fireplace.
First you should read everything there.
I know you have to first light the pilot light.
And then there should be a wall switch.
The problem I have currently is that it won't stay lit when the artificial logs are there.
Posted on Nov 23, 2008
Thanks for your question,
your problem is either impingement on your log set, or a product of incomplete combustion, if you notice soot on your logs, then you will need to take them out, clean them, and reinstall them as to not have the flame touching them, you will need to clean the burners as well, make sure nothing is laying across the burners, as this too will cause sooting, as far as incomplete combustion, was this model a natural gas converted to propane or the other way around ? if so who ever converted it, did they adjust the gas valve according to specs? improper adjustment will cause sooting or hooking up a natural gas unit to propane will do this too, I will recommend using (Rutland White Off) to remove any soot from your glass, it works fantastic for this ! any ace hardware will carry it, please do not use windex or any other cleaner on the glass as it will more than likely leave a rainbow affect on your glass once the glass heats up, hope this was helpful to ya, please rate this solution, thanks agai
Posted on Jan 25, 2009
SOURCE: gas fireplace will not stay lit
there is a probe that is in the one of the flame... This once heated builds up enough pressure do to the heat to keep the shut/off valve open... (reason, if the flame went out the gas would continue to flow) this "thermocouple is replaceable !! contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on Feb 23, 2009
Sometimes when you turn a gas heater off for some time, if the source tank has been turned off, the line will bleed the propane and the line will contain mostly air. This is especially true if the supply line is long. In order to light the pilot, you will have to hold the pilot lighting button down for a while (a full minute or longer, depending on the size and length of the supply line) before pure propane arrives at the pilot light jet. You should keep a lighted lighter at the jet so that when the gas arrives, the lighter will light it. After the pilot lights, you will have to keep the button pressed long enough for the thermocouple to get hot enough to set the pilot to stay on. When it is hot enough, you should be able to release the pressed lighting button and the pilot should stay on. If it does, you should be able to light the heater. If the pilot jet never lights, gas is not getting to the regulator. If the pilot will not stay lit after a period of time waiting for it to heat the thermocouple, the thermocouple or the regulator may be bad and need replacement. :-)
Posted on Jan 03, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 23, 2014 | Heating & Cooling
Dec 30, 2012 | Desa International Heating & Cooling
Feb 16, 2011 | Heating & Cooling
Dec 21, 2010 | Napoleon 36" Zero Clearance Top/Rear Vent...
May 14, 2010 | Napoleon 36" Zero Clearance Top/Rear Vent...
Feb 12, 2010 | Desa International CCL3924PTA 24" LP Gas...
Apr 12, 2009 | Leisure HOMEPRIDE Electric Fireplace...
Jan 26, 2009 | Napoleon 36" Zero Clearance Top/Rear Vent...
Jan 25, 2009 | Leisure HOMEPRIDE Electric Fireplace...
Dec 31, 2012 | Desa International GWP20T GLOWARM Wall...
430 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!