While driving the freeway, the cursor will veer off the freeway onto a side street. The unit will then try to plan a new route to get back on the free way. I reset the unit and when I turn it back I lose all the gps reciption.
I think that you just continued the wrong way. If you would follow the red line that is the way you should go. If you don't, then it will reset from where YOU went which was not the correct way to try to find you a new way to where you are going from where you have gone off on the wrong street. That has happened to me and it is only when I go the wrong way. I hope that helps..
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It can be done but its not easy.
1. Borrow a tomtom off a friend that has an older version that connects upto tomtom HOME and not My Drive connect.
2.Make a copy of the contents of that device onto the desktop of your pc. (*create a folder and call it tomtom)
3. Now on the copy, your done with the borrowed unit. Open the map folder and add the 'car' images you want into the 'brand' folder. If it doesnt exist create one in the map folder naming it 'brand'
4. Now copy everything onto a SD card
5. Go onto tomtom website and download 'tomtom content transfer assistant' and install
6. Connect your newer device to the pc and run the connect assistant.
7. Plug in the sd card when asked (connect old device)
It will then copy start up, shut down images, brand folder over to the new unit.
This should allow what ever you put in the brand folder to be displayed.
Hello mate i have the same sat-nav, but not your problems, turn of the unit remove the sd card, reset the unit and turn it back on and then insert the sd card and see what happens, Do you have computer software for it so you can connect to the internet to download updates?
have you tried setting your home address on the tomtom itself? I was having the same problem until I did that and then it downloaded. But it wont download by itself. You have to go into your "my computer" file and find the tomtom device and select installtomtomhome
I had this problem. There was a problem with the direction of a one-way street leading to my destination. I corrected it and then I could plan the route. Check the streets leading to your destination against a real map and correct ht e directoin where necessary.