Question about Water Heaters
1) Cheapest and most reliable solution: Install tank-type electric water heater from local box store for $250. Get store coupons, offer 10% off store price. Repairs are made same day with generic off-the-shelf parts.
2) Install grundfo water pressure boosting pump.
3) Remove areators and low flow shower heads, Maintain unit as shown in product manual: Delime tankless unit yearly, Clean water filter monthly.
4) Call city and report low pressure and report issue as fire hazard, move to different apartment. Call apartment complex and ask why they didn't read flow requirements for tankless before installing tankless.
5) Call Bosch 866-330-2729 and complain that nobody read the flow requirement or tested local water flow before installing tankless.
Posted on Dec 31, 2012
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Thermo coupler may be defective. it controls the main gas valve by closing main if pilot is out. make sure thermo coupler bulb is positioned over and near tip of pilot flame, but not in the flame. Thermo couplers are inexpensive and easy to change out.
Posted on May 06, 2009
have you checked the error codes on the heater?
you can do this by powering off the controler and pressing the up and down keys for a few seconds. this should take you into the diagnostics mode scroll using the up and down keys till you find the one that has the letter E on it and that will give you the last 8 error codes write them down and get back to me
Posted on Jul 29, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 20, 2015 | Bosch AE-9.5 Electric PowerStar PowerStar...
Feb 02, 2013 | Bosch AE-9.5 Electric PowerStar PowerStar...
Sep 20, 2012 | Bosch Water Heaters
Aug 29, 2012 | Bosch AE-9.5 PowerStar 1.5 GPM...
Sep 26, 2011 | Bosch & Tankless LP Hot Water Heater
Jun 02, 2011 | Bosch PowerStar AE125...
May 21, 2011 | Bosch & Tankless LP Hot Water Heater
Mar 19, 2011 | Bosch AE-9.5 Electric PowerStar PowerStar...
Dec 19, 2009 | Bosch AE-9.5 Electric PowerStar PowerStar...
88 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!