a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If two computers(and two different operating systems) arenot detecting the pen drive then most likely there is something wrong with thatpen drive and it needs replaced.
In Windows 7 you can check the following. Plug the pen drive into an available USB port. Click the Windows Orb(Start menu in XP).
Right-click on "Computer"(My Computer in XP) thenleft-click "Manage". If "Computer" does not exist in the "Start" menuthen it should be on the desktop. In the left pane click "Disk Management". In the right pane, the first column will show you the drives currentlyinstalled(C:, D:, E:, etc). C: is typically the drive your operating system isinstalled on. To check what drive is what, just click the Windows Orb(Startmenu in XP) then click "Computer"(My Computer in XP). If you see the same driveletters under "Computer" that you see in Disk Management then the pen drive isnot being detected.
Do you hear any sounds coming from Windows when you plug inthe pen drive?
If you have a different pen drive is that one beingdetected?
Are other USB devices detected when plugged into thecomputer?
Pendrive is a portable USB flash memory device that can be used to quickly transfer audio, video, and data files from the hard drive of one computer to another. With a construction that is small enough to fit into a pocket, the pen drive derives its name from the fact that many of these usb drive devices resemble a small pen or pencil in size and shape.
So, you can remove safely from your computer same like your flash drive.
There are two most common causes of Pen Drive not working
1) The usb port You are connecting it has not enough power output to operate the pendrive (many older computers and laptops have this issue) solution buy an powered USB HUB one with a power adapter You put in a wall socket and then connect Your Pen Drive thruu this hub
2) Operating system lacks drivers for Your particular Pen (windows up to Millenium lack proper usb support and newer I mean XP Vista? (Not sure bout this last one) need administrative privileges to recognise some Pen Drive for the first time or even a driver diskette (some very rare cases).
i have a transcend pen drive 2 GB which runs perfectly on windows XP on other computer but it is not recognised by Computer. My Motherboard is Asus and Operating system is Windows XP. Initially it used to show a message "One of the USB driver sttached to this computer has malfunctioned, windows does not requesnized it". How can I do solve the problem. My email : email@example.com