I got my new phone yesterday. It works fine except for whenever I receive a call, it automatically rings with my default ringer, not whatever ringtone I set to the contact. I bought the ringtones that are set to contacts but the default came with the phone. How do I fix this?
If this doesnt work then your phone must be possesed..
1. Go to your phone book. Choose a contact.
2. Go to options. Then Edit Contact.
3. Now scroll down all the way to Ringer ID:__ and hit select it.
4. You should see a list of songs and sounds like silent, Vibe Dot.. etc
5. Scroll down until you want the ringer for that contact.
6. Once you found the ringtone hit select it. You should now have the ringtone for that contact. NOW hit "DONE" or it will not work! If you dont hit done it will use the DEFAULT ringtone provided by the phone. Also, if you have a memory card in your KRZR k1 and all your songs are on the memory card you wont be able to use it, move them to your phone memory so you can choose it from the list. mobiles24.com also can give you free ringtones too.. check it out.
I had the same problem, and while I had done everything steve mentioned on an earlier post, and also saved both the contact and the ring tone to the phone instead of the sim card, still it wasn't working. So I went to the settings and selected ring styles, then chose loud detail, scrolled down and there is an option to turn on the ringer ID function...by default it's turned off, but of course I didn't know that...now it works.
Mine was a super easy fix. The manual states that if the phone number is stored on the SIM card, ringer ID will not work. If you've followed the directions in the manual to copy the number to your phone but you can't see that it has been copied go to your Contacts ---> Options ---> VIew. Select "PHONE & SIM CARD" Now you can edit the one with the phone icon and see numbers you've added to your phone as opposed to your SIM card!
I ,ve phone Motorola Tech.Support-they fixed this permanently last year Nov,so ther is no acccess to Ring ID folder in all new Motorola phones (K1 includede).I am looking also for solution-another anti-software to remove this restriction.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Have you checked the switch on the top left of the phone?
That's the mute switch. Flip it in the Up position and that should fix your problem
If the phones ringing when you test the ringer in the settings, the ringer works. It's probably just muted..
I hope that helps...
Follow the below instructions and you can remove the vibrate state. I have included a link to download the phone's manual as a PDF file.
Sound Settings Ringer Types Ringer types help you identify incoming calls and messages. You can assign ringer types to individual Contacts entries, types of calls, and types of messages. Downloaded Ringers can be downloaded right to your phone. Preprogrammed Ringers include a variety of standard ringer types and familiar music. Vibrating Ringer alerts you to calls or messages without disturbing others. Selecting Ringer Types for Voice Calls Your phone provides a variety of ringer options that allow you to customize your ring and volume settings. These options allow you to identify incoming calls by the ring. To select a ringer type for voice calls: 1. Select Menu > Settings > Sounds > Ringer Type > Voice Calls. 2. Select With Caller ID or No Caller ID.
a. Make sure your ringer is not in vibrate mode.
1. Press Menu > Settings/Tools > Settings > Sounds > Ringer Type > Voice Calls.
2. Select Caller IDor No Caller ID. (A list of ring type categories will be displayed.)
3. Select a category, and then use your navigation key to scroll through the available ringers. A sample ringer will sound as you highlight each option.
4. Press OK to assign a ringer.
b. Make sure your speaker works. Turn On your speaker phone while talking to someone and see whether you can hear or not. c.Make sure the increase the volume using keys on side of your phone.
Hope the ringer and the ******** is enabled. If so there is a possibility that the output amp of the ringer is faulty which can also be linked to the ********. You can reset the phone after removing the battery and setting it to default settings. If this wont work then it need a careful investigation in the output of the ringer.( test ringer if working)
First You Go to Phone setting in Sound & Ringing Setting and check the Phone Ringing Setting if Ringing Setting alrdy OK
But No Ringing So
Your phone Ringer Default SO Please change Ringer
and Ringing Sound Problem will Solved
The first thing you have to do is go into the settings and tools menu. Once there got to option 6, call settings then ringer ID make sure it's set to on and then do the same for picture ID. That should take care of the problem. Hope that helps!