Question about Panasonic KX-TG5422M Cordless Phone
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: I have a Panasonic KX-TG6051CM
I had the same problem, and it seems that the battery charging circuit in the handset had locked up, constantly charging the battery until it overheated. I was able to reset the circuit in my handset by completely draining the battery. Here is the procedure:
1. Remove the handset from the charging cradle, and leave it on for a few days until the battery runs out, and the handset finally turns off. At his point, the battery will be very low, BUT NOT COMPLETELY DRAINED.
2. Next, you must manually drain the charge remaining in the battery by shorting out the two contacts on it. Shorting won't damage the battery, since it is holding very little charge at this point. An easy way to physically do this is to remove the battery, and place a piece of thin wire across the the two contacts of the HANDSET. I am referring to the contacts inside the handset that connect to the battery, NOT the contacts on the bottom outside that connect the handset to the charging cradle. Next, put the battery back in, sandwiching the wire between the battery's contacts and those inside the handset. This will hold the wire in place. DO NOT PUT THE HANDSET BACK INTO THE CHARGER, WITH THE BATTERY SHORTED OUT.
3. Wait about 30 minutes for the battery to completely die. Remove the jumper wire, and but the handset back into the charger.
4. If the battery was fully discharged , you will get a message on the handset telling you that you should let it will charge for 7 hours. If you do not get this message, then either the battery was not fully discharged, or your problem is different from mine. Try the procedure again in Step 3 for another 30 minutes to discharge the battery some more.
5. If you get the "Wait for 7 hours to charge" message on the handset, then leave it in the charging cradle for the 7 hours requested. After that, it should work fine.
Let me know how you make out.
Posted on Aug 11, 2008
we have the same phones, the volume can be adjusted using the key pad but only slightly the hearing overall with this phone is not so great you end up straining half the time to hear the conversation
Posted on Sep 04, 2009
If you are using this phone on a Panasonic KX-TDA 30/100/200/600 system. From the Switcboard / Main telephone or Managers phone with the handset on the cradle/hook press Program * * or Program * # followed by the system password ( default is 1234). Now press 004 and then ENTER. Enter the extension number you want to change. Now enter the name (the same way as texting on a cellphone) To save the changes press AUTO DIAL / STORE. To go to the next extension press NEXT on the screen. When you are done lift the handset and put it down to exit program mode.
PLEASE rate/vote this answer if it was helpfull.
Posted on Mar 23, 2010
Return to the manufacturer for replacement. I've spent hours on this and have had my line tested. It's a base station fault.
Posted on Oct 02, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 29, 2013 | Panasonic KX-T7730 Corded Phone
Dec 21, 2010 | Panasonic Lands Phones
Mar 29, 2010 | Panasonic KX-T7730 Corded Phone
Mar 27, 2010 | Panasonic KX-T7730 Corded Phone
Mar 17, 2010 | Panasonic KX-T7730 Corded Phone
Oct 19, 2009 | Panasonic KX-T7633 Corded Phone
Jul 10, 2009 | Panasonic KX-T7633 Corded Phone
Jun 24, 2009 | Panasonic KX-T7633 Corded Phone
Aug 08, 2008 | Panasonic KX-T7453 Corded Phone
441 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!