Question about Canon PIXMA MP495 InkJet Printer
Ink cartridge replacemnet not recognised by printer
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
multifunctional device - deactivation of the ink level counter
1. You can do it only when the printer counter releases the warning message - "the ink cartridge is nearly empty" = yellow warning mark
2. You have to do this procedure four times - for every cartridge one times
3. At the screen you will see three warning messages
- for the first one press "OK"
- for the second and third one press "Yes"
4. The fourth message tells you that you can do the ink level counter deactivation by pressing the "Stop/Reset" button (7) for more than 5 seconds. Do it.
Later you can see another type of warning message at the screen:
In this case you can not follow the previous procedure - there will not be any other warning messages.
Just follow the message on the screen and press the "OK" button (5) and you can print.
Unfortunately - I do not know for how long time it works.
You have to manualy check the ink level and refill (change) the cartridge before it is completely empty! You might brake your warranty!
When you insert the new original ink cartridge, the counter will work properly again.
Posted on Sep 14, 2008
On my Cannon Pixma, I pressed the stop/reset for 5 seconds to ignore the warning. Then,
I was able to make a copy. However, better solutions to this scenario are welcome.
Cheers - Peter
Posted on Sep 16, 2008
Perhaps the chips in the cartridges have failed? In which case you may need to replace them with brand new cartridges. If that doesn't work you might need to send it for repair as the cartridges might have damaged your machine.
Posted on Apr 12, 2009
most probably has been damaged.
ink cartrigde is damaged due to followin causes--
1. over heating of head due to bulk printing
2. mishandling the cartridge.
3. repeated refillings
try this if you want to use this cartrigde again, it may work
1. clean the golden contact points with isopropyl alcohol of cartrigde as well as the cartridge holder
2. remove cartrigde and install again after some days
possibility of fault in printer is minimal,
Posted on Jul 02, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 24, 2015 | Canon PIXMA MP495 InkJet Printer
Jun 07, 2013 | Canon PIXMA MP495 InkJet Printer
Mar 21, 2013 | Canon PIXMA MP495 InkJet Printer
Jan 25, 2013 | Canon PIXMA MP495 InkJet Printer
May 11, 2012 | Canon PIXMA MP495 InkJet Printer
Aug 30, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP495 InkJet Printer
66 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: