Question about Insignia NS- 27" TV27 TV

1 Answer

"zapped" tv (dee7189)

What I meant by "zapped" is static electricity or shocked it.

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    Mayor:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 2 Answers

I would need more details on this problem. Does the tv turn on? If so, what do you see on the screen? If you mean by "zapped" that the tv received a lightning strike and does not turn on, it's possible there are several damaged circuit board components. Depending on the severity of the strike, it's possible that just the fuse is blown. I need more details to advise further.

Rick.

Posted on May 04, 2009

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

My X46 only turns on by the remote but when it does turn on it only goes to the Sceptre screen then powers off again. When I shut it off the night before there was a static shock when I hit the power...


That little shock has between 500 to 21,000 volts. Sensitive transistors and microchips definitely get damaged permanently from static electricity.

Jan 22, 2014 | Sceptre X46BV TV

1 Answer

I have a bodyguard t260 treadmill and when I run on it there is a great deal of static electricity that shocks me when I touch the treadmill handles


The shock is a build up of static electricity on your body called Electrostatic Discharge (ESD). Friction between the walking board and belt can generate static electricity.

If experienced, the shock is not harmful or dangerous.

Nov 11, 2011 | Exercise & Fitness

1 Answer

My electric shock pen wont shock-i have tried changing the battery but it still doesn't work-why?


Same thing with me!! What modle is it? Do you have the instructions still? You migt want to look at those!

Mar 29, 2011 | Electric Eyeware 12 Electric Shock Gag Pen...

1 Answer

My son was badly shocked today plugging in cable cord,large arc!


Sometimes TV's can, & do build up HUGE static charges on them, and if the area is dry, and there is carpet on the floor huge sparks of static electricity will arc out from TV, this is frightening, but relatively harmless, and happens infrequently, it happens due to the TV being at one potential, and the "Son" as another, charge is generated by walking across the carpet, and in TV it;s just a product of being "ON" When conditions are exactly right.... Zap.... touching any "Grounded" thing before approaching a TV is always a good idea. I have seen this and experienced this myself on a number of occasions, not always with TV's too. I assume it was static, due to the fact that you weren't also telling us your son was dead...If one got a huge arc and shock,from the mains, they seldom live to tell the tail. But static, just nips you, and you have a good story to tell. Now of course thats assuming that, that is what it was, in any event, please ensure you check over all cables for any damage or bare wires, replace if even slightest defect.

Mar 24, 2010 | Vizio VW32L 32 in. LCD HDTV

1 Answer

Have iLive ihs3 2.1 speaker system. The speaker was sitting on top of the television, roommate was dusting the tv screen and elbow touched iLive speaker. There was like a static electricity shock, and...


Unfortunately I don't think so. TV"s can develop a huge static charge & dusting would increase it... that Discharge was a huge shot of Static Electricity, most likely fried ya output devices...

Feb 02, 2010 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

I touch the on/off button on the Prima TV to turn


I am sure you had some strong static electricity. The static spark arced to inside of the TV in to the circuit board. Many of the low cost TV sets have poor static electricity protection.
In most cases there is damaged caused by static shock to electronic devices.
Just for curiosity, you can try unplugging the set from the AC mins and plugging it back in to do a simple reset, in case there is no damage and some logic device became hung up.
Last year I picked up my mobile phone and got a static shock from it. I had to get a new phone. This phone never worked again!

Jerry G.

Jan 19, 2010 | Prima C2012 TV

1 Answer

Ink tank not recognized but plenty of ink in there


The chips on these cartridges are very sensitive to electrical shock. You may have zapped the chip with some static electricity from your fingers when you were installing it. I would recommend returning it to the store you bought it from and getting a replacement. I recommend Cartridge World for refills. With this type of cartridge the only time a refill would be inappropriate is if you are printing photos that you want to last decades. Refills help you save money and the environment.

Jan 09, 2010 | Canon MX700 Office All-In-One InkJet...

2 Answers

TV won't turn on.


Stevenson

the fact that you got shock is because something is not right inside the tv. You need to have that tv check because a manufacturer will not fabricated a tv that can electrocute anyone, specially when you turn the volume. Static electricity is always present in front of any tv that might be the cause of why you got shock. By removing your coat, and touch some metallic object you may get electrocuted, because of static electricity. Please, I want you to have that tv check, I can check that tv for you. I felt something is wrong inside the tv, and something is loose inside like pennies and toys objects. That's my impression. My e-mail address Stevebuy31@hotmail.com

Jan 02, 2009 | Akai PDP4225M 42 in. Plasma Television

Not finding what you are looking for?
Insignia NS- 27" TV27 TV Logo

Related Topics:

111 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Insignia Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

73474 Answers

Jaime Hernandez

Level 3 Expert

2311 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

5023 Answers

Are you an Insignia Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...