Have the same problem , but when it gets to the drain cycle ( about 12 min left ) will chime and show an i con on display ( washer with a hose on bottom left with an X on it ) and it doesnt drain. I un plug and let sit for awhile , turn on and go to no spin and it will manually drain ( sometimes )
Do I need and New drain pump?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If the washer won't drain water the drain pump might be defective. It's also common for a small sock or other article of clothing to get caught in the drain pump or in the drain hose. Check both for an obstruction before replacing the pump
My LG Tromm washer has a small door on the bottom left hand side on the front of the washer. Open the door and you will find the drain filter and a stoppered, small rubber tube. Position something to capture the washer water under the small rubber tube and pull the plug.. This will drain all the water from the washer.
Sonia, you either have a failed drain pump, or something has bypassed the filter ( bobby pins are notorious for this ) and is jamming up the pump impeller. If you can set the washer to drain/spin and can hear the pump running, you most likely have a impeller that has broken off of the pump motor shaft and will need to be replaced. If you cannot hear the pump running, and can hear a slight humming noise, then there is something jammed in the pump. The pump can be removed and cleared of the possible foriegn object. I can provide instructions on pump removal if needed.
OE is a drain error and is displayed when the washer is unable to drain water. Please check the drain hose and drain pump filter for any clogs to clean the error. If the issue returns then yes you should replace the pump, please check this repair manual on how to replace the pump. Please get back to me if you have any other questions.
1. Clogged drain line or water pump Check to see if there's something stuck inside the pump or the drain hose connected to the pump (pump is usually located at the bottom and towards the back of the washing machine).
2. Water Pump If the drain line isn't clogged, you may have a problem with the water pump such as a frozen pulley or a broken impeller. If that's the case replace the water pump. Note: if you have a belt driven washer, check the belt(s) for cracks, as this would be a perfect time to replace the belt(s) if needed.
**The most common issue will be an obstructed hose or, line