Have new power supply have tested with meter puting out 14.4 volt's have took apart and checked power port nice tightly solder ac/plug in very firmly just wondering could battery be bad would cause this?
Yes a bad battery could cause this, or a bad battery control circuit. If it works with the battery out then it's one of these two issues. If it's the control circuit, there's not much you can do, I'm afraid, but the only way to be sure is to get a new battery (or borrow one for the same model).
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The power supply is not ment to be taken apart, if you know someone with a digital meter they can test the dc volts coming out of the plug, and if faulty! go to www.ebay.com Type: make and model of laptop and refine search to power supply.
Unlikely as even with the power switch off the power led would show current from the AC adaptor was reaching the laptop. Try testing the AC adaptor first by plugging a volt meter into the DC jack, with one probe set to the inside of the jack and the other to the outside, set at 20 volts and see if you get a reading.
If the power is reaching the DC jack, then check the connection at the jack port for tightness and make sure the jack is a good fit
Try removing the battrey and using it on AC power alone, sometimes a failing battery will cause problems
If this fails, it is possible that the internal fuse on the motherboard has gone
I think you should check the real power supply ... 120 V in and what comes out ... volts (ac - dc) and amps or what fraction of an amp.
Please compare the old with the new power supply. The new power supply should be the same volts - same kind (AC or DC) and at least the same amp rating. You can use higher amp rating but not lower - lower will burn up - literally)
Volt meter ... always set it above the suspected voltage. Batteries are always DC. Houses, buildings, etc always AC. Power supplies - could be mixed - ac in and dc out.
So if you were measuring in your home, you set the meter to 130 or higher on the AC scale. If you were doing your auto, 24 volts DC (or so).
House current, probe color doesnt make any difference. Should read about 120 Volts between the narrower (or right side/ground down orientation) or the two slots and the wider of the two shots (wide should be the neutral side - ground on the bottom). You can prove the hot side by measuring to the ground. White wire to ground = no reading. Black wire to ground = 120 volts. (The black and white are INSIDE the electric outlet. You can use either probe to do the measurement.
Check the adapter with a multi-meter to see if there is voltage at the plug that connects into the laptop. The oltage reading should be slightly higher than the voltage that is printed on the label on the adapter.
Try to borrow an adapter (same as yours) and connect it to your laptop. Also try removing the battery and power up the laptop without the battery but with the adapter connected (could be a battery problem).
If you have a volt meter you can see if the computer is putting out power to the fan, also you should be able to test the fan on an external power supply, if you dont know the fans voltage start off at 5vdc , most fans are 5 to 12 volts. Hope this helps
Needs physical repair. No help without some new parts. The "little piece" latch is necessary. The bay thinks there is a device there and there isn't. The POST (Power On Self Test) program won't allow it to startup if a device is missing.