Question about HP iPAQ H3600 Pocket PC
Hello :) I bought an ipaq3600 off ebay, when it is in the cradle charging it doesnt ever seem to charge fully, and as soon as I take it out of the cradle ( even after 12 hours of charging) it will not do ANYTHING....the only time I can get a screen up is when it is in its cradle atached to the PC and power source. It also wont hold information for long even when in its cradle....I enterred some contacts and basic owner information and its gone since I rebooted my PC which it is conected to via the cradle. I was hoping you could give your opinion as to wether I should buy a new battery, of if this sounds more serious and involved, im recently unemplyed and I just cant afford to poor money into this thing if its unlikely to solve the problem. Im so grateful for any assistance and ideas you can offer
In general, Ebay Ipaq's come without a battery (well, not one worth anything). The problem is that it really could be two different issues: either the charging circuit or the battery. The only way to test this is if you know someone else that owns this model and see if the battery works in theirs, or purchase a new battery. But the new battery might not fix it, so if it's cheap, I'd try it but if you're tight on cash then it might not be worth the chance. I'd give a new battery a 70% chance of working.
Posted on Jan 18, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 22, 2015 | Computers & Internet
Oct 05, 2010 | Cell Phones
Jun 24, 2010 | Televison & Video
NOTE: The amber charge light blinks while the battery is recharging and turns solid (nonblinking) when the battery is fully charged.In the event of a low backup battery warning, charge the unit immediately before removing the main battery to avoid data loss. To view the amount of charge left in the backup battery, tap Start, Settings, the System tab, and Power.
Charging with the universal desktop cradle and AC adapter Use the universal desktop cradle to charge the HP iPAQ Pocket PC, or synchronize the HP iPAQ Pocket PC with a computer.
Follow these steps to charge the HP iPAQ Pocket PC using the universal desktop cradle:
- Plug the AC adapter into an electrical outlet and connect the other end of the AC adapter to the AC connector on the universal desktop cradle.
- Connect the serial or USB cradle cable into the appropriate port on the desktop PC.Figure : Connecting with the cradle
- Slide the bottom of the HP iPAQ Pocket PC into the cradle and push firmly to seat it.CAUTION: To avoid damaging the HP iPAQ Pocket PC or the cradle, make sure the pins are aligned before pushing the HP Pocket PC into the cradle.
Figure : Charging with the universal desktop cradle
- AC adapter into electrical outlet
- AC adapter into universal desktop cradle
- HP iPAQ Pocket PC into cradleNOTE: The amber charge light blinks while the battery is recharging and turns solid (nonblinking) when the battery is fully charged.There are stabilizers located in the universal desktop cradle that assist in aligning the unit when there is no expansion pack attached. When placing the HP iPAQ Pocket PC with an expansion pack attached into the universal desktop cradle, the stabilizers will be pushed down by the expansion pack. To release the stabilizers for use without an expansion pack, press the button on the back of the cradle.
Charging with the optional USB Autosync cable Charge the HP iPAQ Pocket PC using the optional USB Autosync cable by connecting the Autosync cable to the HP Pocket PC and the personal computer. The HP Pocket PC will be charged using power from the personal computer.
For more information on charging the HP Pocket PC using the optional USB autosync cable, from the Today screen, tap Start, Settings, the Systemtab, Power, the USB Charging tab, Settings, and Help.
Charging a low battery The HP iPAQ Pocket PC will not turn on if the battery has a low charge (less than 3.2 Volts). Fully charge the battery prior to using the HP Pocket PC.
If the charge on the battery goes below the 3.2 Volts as a result of not being connected to the universal desktop cradle or the AC adapter, no damage will occur to the battery. However, the HP iPAQ Pocket PC charge indicator light will not flash until the battery reaches the minimum charge of 3.2 Volts and a normal reset is performed.
Follow these steps to charge and reset the HP iPAQ Pocket PC:
Keep the HP iPAQ Pocket PC connected to the universal desktop cradle or AC adapter when it is not in use.
- Connect the HP iPAQ Pocket PC to an A/C power supply.
- Charge the battery to the minimum level of 3.2 Volts (this will take 5 to 30 minutes depending on the current charge level).
- Perform a normal reset by using the stylus to lightly press the Reset button on the bottom of the HP iPAQ Pocket PC.
- Turn on the HP iPAQ Pocket PC.
Aug 25, 2017 | HP iPAQ H1945 Pocket PC
Jan 14, 2009 | Sony LIP-4WM for MZ-NH1 Personal MiniDisc...
Jan 14, 2009 | T-Mobile Sidekick® 3 Cellular Phone
Nov 26, 2007 | T-Mobile Sidekick® 3 Cellular Phone
Jan 16, 2018 | Power Computers & Internet
155 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: