Question about Imation Apollo (27119) 500 GB USB Hard Drive
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
One or more of the hints below will probably sort out most USB problems with most USB portable / external hard drives and OTHER devices (though not always)
A few things to check but assumes USB and Windows for other interfaces / operating systems (mac/ Linux) similar steps may be adapted to suit.
1. Ensure it is connected directly to the computer to a USB 2.0 port not a USB 1.0 port as this can have effects on performance and reliability
2. Use only the cables that came with it NOT one that fits that may have been lying around or is longer. Not all USB cables are equal even though they should be)
3. Do not connect through an external USB HUB unless that hub is USB 2.0 AND has its own power supply.
4. Use ONLY the power supply that came with it if it has an external power supply Don’t use any other unless you know it has both the same voltage and current rating e.g. 12V 500mA anything rated below that would not work properly.
5. Always use the same port for connecting your devices. Some devices do not like being switched about. If switched they may want to install software / drivers again. This can be especially true if you move a HUB to another port
6. For FLASH DRIVES you should ensure that the device is set for "quick removal" using the drive control panel properties or use the USB "Safely Remove Hardware" option. If you dont do this there is a very strong chance that any files you transfer may not be there when you plug into another computer.
If you checked and fixed anything there and still have issues then check your hardware from CONTROL PANEL / SYSTEM / HARDWARE.
Any exclamation marks by hardware need fixing before you investigate any further
USB flash drives can fail for no apparent reason.
Sandisk Cruzers are especially bad for this.
USB hard drives should be treated with extreme care.
This is a real hard drive ! and knocks and bumps can quite literally kill them.
It is possible to remove drives from the enclosures in most cases and connect directly inside a PC to fully check it.
You should also do this to cheack the drives connections are not bad inside the enclosure
Note that if you hear a drive clicking or pinging this could be the worst thing you would hear.
Known as "The Click Of Death"
If none of the above steps help look at updating the drivers from the manufacturers web site in the support section.
Posted on Oct 05, 2009
It should be in My Computer after you plug it in. If not, then go to control panel and search for new hardware. Click on system in control panel it should be listed under usb. Maybee it needs a new driver.
Posted on May 17, 2010
Try to reload the operating system you are using i.e windows xp,one of the windows files may have been corrupted and how can you load it. if you have a important files on your desktop try to copy it into any storage device such as flash drive or memory card after you have transfer those files to the backup you use as your storage device unplug it from the system then format the system and load it with your windows xp any one that support service pack 2. how can you format and load your system. in the start up of the system press the key your system support to enter setup some system like compaq for you to enter their setup you have to press F10, some system support DEL to enter setup and some system support F1,while some support F2, any one your system support press it when you get to the setup area to advance setup or check those drop list one after the other until you see were you see booting or booting sequence or booting other then set your CD rom to the first boot follow the order the system give to you then save your setting by pressing F10 key or move your cursor to where you see save and exit and press the enter key for the system to restart then insert your operating system software i.e windows xp immediately the system restart and boot it will bring press any key to boot from cd rom then press enter key then follow the instrution.
Posted on Jun 08, 2010
SOURCE: Hi.My Imation Apollo 2.5" 500GB
With any luck, it may just be due to a loose cable or connection inside. You need to open the unit and make sure everything is properly connected.
Posted on Mar 14, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
May 26, 2014 | Imation Apollo UX 2.5" USB Portable (250...
Mar 03, 2014 | Imation Apollo Expert M200 Portable Hard...
Feb 16, 2014 | Imation 160GB Apollo 2.5" Portable USB 2.0...
Oct 24, 2013 | Imation Apollo UX 2.5" USB Portable (250...
Jan 09, 2013 | Imation Apollo Expert D300 External Hard...
Aug 25, 2011 | Imation Apollo UX 2.5" USB Portable (250...
Aug 15, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Aug 10, 2011 | Imation Apollo UX 2.5" USB Portable (250...
Jan 25, 2011 | Imation Apollo (27119) 500 GB USB Hard...
Aug 13, 2017 | Imation Apollo (27119) 500 GB USB Hard...
1,004 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: