Question about Lexmark E232 Laser Printer
E232 with additional 550 page tray:
Tray-1 selection is recognized in the driver (drop down box) but Tray-2 selection shows a circle and '/' backslash when 'moused-over'.
Have to select 'Tray-1' for operation.
If selecting 'Tray-2' or 'Automatic', the 'load media' error light stays lit and printer won't operate.
Printer has been in storage for about a year, was working properly when taken out of service.
Just take ruber band out and flip it. And put it back, It works. Main reason is rubber is dried. Frugalguy's suggestion worked for me. Thanks.
Posted on Oct 06, 2008
The tray 1 is same as manual tray, it opens in front of you.
normally (in windows) you need to configure printer driver from printers => properties => printing preferences.
Posted on Oct 14, 2008
from the printer menu, go into the paper menu, change the "default source" to tray 2.
Also, on each computer that you have the driver loaded on, you can right click on the printer icon, go to properties, and select your default printing options.
Posted on Oct 30, 2008
SOURCE: Stopping Auto Tray Selection
If you use different print materials of the same size in the trays, each tray with a different print material should have a unique paper type setting to prevent the printer from linking the trays together and mistakenly printing on the wrong paper.
From the printer's operator panel, choose the paper menu, then paper type, then select the source (ie, tray) that you want to change.
For example, if you have plain paper in tray 1 and preprinted paper in tray 2 and both are set up where size = A4 and type = Plain paper then when Tray 1 runs out it will automatically feed from Tray 2. To prevent this from happening you should change Tray 2 type = Letterhead. In this way, the printer knows that the two media types aren't identical and won't pull from that tray unless you specifically tell it to.
Posted on Mar 10, 2009
SOURCE: Brother MFC 8460n paper pickup
Please follow these steps to assure you have made sure there is no jam.
1. Press the cover release lever to open the front cover.
2. Take out the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly.
3. Open the back cover.
4. Pull the tabs at the left and right hand sides toward you to open the fuser cover (1).
5. Using both hands, gently pull the jammed paper out of the fuser unit.
6. Close the back cover.
7. Put the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly back in the machine.
8. Close the front cover.
9. Press the cover release lever to open the front cover.
10. Take out the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly.
11. Hold down the lock lever on the right and take the toner cartridge out of the drum unit. Take out the jammed paper if there is any inside the drum unit.
12. Put the toner cartridge back into the drum unit until you hear it lock into place. If you put it in properly, the lock lever will lift automatically.
13. Put the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly back in the machine.
14. Close the front cover. Pull the paper tray completely out of the machine. Use both hands to slowly pull out the jammed paper.
15. Press the cover release lever to open the front cover.
16. Slowly take out the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly. The jammed paper may be pulled out with the toner cartridge and drum unit assembly, or this may release the paper so you can pull it out of the paper tray opening.
17. Put the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly back in the machine.
18. Close the front cover.
20. Put the paper tray firmly back in the machine.
21. Take out any paper from the ADF (automatic document feeder) that is not jammed. Open the ADF cover. Carefully pull out the jammed document to the left. Check for and remove any small pieces of paper stuck in the machine. A small piece of paper stuck in ADF will cause a document jam.
22. Close the ADF cover. Press Stop/Exit. If the Document is jammed under the document cover. Take out any paper from the ADF that is not jammed. Lift the document cover. Pull out any jammed documents to the right. Again, carefully check for and remove any small pieces of paper.
23. Close the document cover. Press Stop/Exit. If the Document is jammed at the output tray. Take out any paper from the ADF that is not jammed. Pull the jammed document out to the right.
24. Press Stop/Exit. If the Document is jammed in the duplex slot (only for machines which support Duplex printing). Take out any paper from the ADF that is not jammed. Pull the jammed document out to the right.
25. Press Stop/Exit. Make a Copy to test. Before placing your document(s) in the ADF verify the error message "Document Jam" in no longer displayed on the LCD. If the error message continues to appear on the LCD, please contact Brother Customer Service from "Contact Us". Verify the ADF document support (located on the top of the ADF) is pulled out. Verify the document(s) are between 5.8 to 8.5 in. wide and 5.8 to 14in. long. Make sure the documents are inserted face up in the ADF, top edge first. The ADF can hold up to 50 pages and feeds each sheet individually. Use standard 20 lb (80 g/m²) paper and always fan the pages before putting them in the ADF.
DO NOT use paper that is curled, wrinkled, folded, ripped, stapled, paper-clipped, pasted or taped. DO NOT use cardboard, newspaper or fabric. Make sure documents written with ink are completely dry. Adjust the paper guides to fit the width of your documents. This ensures the document(s) will feed straight, preventing jams. Make a copy listed below:
For MFC users :
For DCP users :
Press Copy located below the LCD and then press Start.
Hope it helps.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Jul 06, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 27, 2012 | Kyocera Mita FS-1920 Laser Printer
Jan 14, 2011 | HP LaserJet 2420 Printer
Dec 18, 2010 | Brother MFC495CW
Apr 20, 2010 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 04, 2010 | Lexmark C544dn Laser Printer
Jan 19, 2010 | Xerox Phaser 6250 Laser Printer
Jan 02, 2010 | HP LaserJet 4050n Printer
Apr 15, 2009 | HP LaserJet 4200 Printer
Oct 14, 2008 | Lexmark T632 Laser Printer
Dec 10, 2015 | Lexmark E232 Laser Printer
135 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!