Question about Hitachi 53UWX10B 53" Rear Projection Television
Picture is blurred like others have written in. Colors not lining up and the magic focus does not take care of the problem.
You have a convergence amplifier problem. This is a common problem in these types of televisions. The fix for this problem is to replace the two convergence amplifiers in your tv. These amplifiers usually go bad along with the associated bias resistors. I would suggest that if you are going to do this yourself you should use only the manufacture recommended replacement parts. There are many who will tell you to upgrade the amplifiers, but my experiences have told me this is more trouble then it is worth, if you don't plan on redesigning the circuit itself. So with that being said, here is the basic procedure:
1) Get a schematic for your set (to be used in parts location and alignment instruction)
2) Using the Schematic locate the STK329-xxx or STK392-xxx series amplifiers (They are the two large six sided components attached to a large heat sink on the deflection board)
3) unplug the TV set
4) remove the deflection board from the TV set
5) using a soldering gun or iron with either a de-soldering pump or de-soldering braid remove the solder from the pins of the amplifiers and the associative biasing resistors.
6) remove the amplifiers from the heat sink and clean the heat sink off with alcohol or a solvent designed for removing the silicon paste.
7) coat the metal plate of the new amplifiers with heat sink paste and install them on to the heat sink.
8) install the associative biasing resistors
9) solder all of the components, making sure not to create solder bridges (short circuits) on the printed circuit board.
10) inspect the soldering job for bridges and cold solder joints (touching the joins up if they are cold)
11) reinstall the board to the television (reconnecting all cables removed.
12) power up the TV and perform the alignment instructions in the schematic
13) set the alignment of the TV
14) perform the magic focus setup
This should complete this task.
Now if you feel that you can not do these tasks, please consult a qualified TV technician about doing this for you.
I hope this helps
Posted on Jan 19, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 24, 2011 | Hitachi 65S500 65" HDTV-Ready Rear...
Dec 08, 2010 | Hitachi 53SBX59B 53" Rear Projection...
Dec 04, 2010 | Hitachi 53SWX10B 53" Rear Projection...
Nov 07, 2010 | Hitachi 46F500 46" Rear Projection...
Oct 15, 2010 | Hitachi 65TWX20B 65" Rear Projection...
Oct 13, 2010 | Hitachi 51F500 51" Rear Projection...
Oct 07, 2010 | Hitachi 57F510 57" Rear Projection...
Sep 15, 2010 | Hitachi 51F500 51" Rear Projection...
Oct 24, 2009 | Hitachi 43FWX20B 43" Rear Projection...
Apr 16, 2008 | Hitachi 53FDX20B 53" Rear Projection...
121 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: