Question about Whirlpool ET1FHTXM Top Freezer Refrigerator

1 Answer

Strong burning smell

This smell is not coming from food. There was a spark, then the smell, a burning gas has continued. The super said not to worry, but the smell is very strong and I am worried.

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    MVP:

    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.

    Governor:

    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.

    Hot-Shot:

    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Expert
  • 198 Answers

Probably the defrost heater has shorted

Posted on Jan 24, 2009

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

I smell something burning when the oven is on...not as "eggy" as gas but I have a pregnant wife and I'm scared to use this thing.Is it just a new oven smell?


I would have a service call made and have the service technician check for correct installation
Smells ( that cannot be attributed to burnt food, gas ) should be investigated as they are the early warning signs of a problem
at least you will have peace of mind and may be advised as to a product that can be used to remove the smell

Sep 01, 2015 | Ovens

2 Answers

My new spark plugs are getting wet, and tail pipe has water coming out of it?


Getting water in the tail pipe is a good sign as the engine will always have moisture when not running. Water on spark plugs is a bad sign as there may be a leak from a cracked cylinder head which is then a major job, the car should be running erratically or will stop.



To check if this is the case take out the oil dipstick and see if the oil is light brown instead of black then you have a problem as mentioned so needs major overall to the engine.

Aug 16, 2014 | 2002 Pontiac Aztek

1 Answer

Burned microwave smell how do you get ridd of the food smell


The best suggestion I have is to boil water for a half an hour. Be sure not to let the bowl of water run empty. Also, be sure to wipe the condensation out of the oven cavity after this procedure. Generally, though, continued regular use of the oven is what works best for this situation. It just takes time to get the burn smell out.... Good luck!

Nov 19, 2013 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Strong gas smell inside of car


is there a leak in your fuel line, or possibly your fuel filter, if you see raw gas leaking, then it is dangerous for you tio continue to drive it, it only takes one spark to ignite it, however, if the smell is just your car burning rich and the exhaust has holes in it, it will smell up the inside of your car. And yes if your carb. is burning too rich then it needs adjusted. Wasting your fuel, and overloading your engine. I hope some of this was helpfull.

Sep 21, 2012 | 1983 Chevrolet Malibu

1 Answer

I live in an old building and today there is a strong gas smell coming from my base board heater in the living room. I'm not sure if it is electric or gas. There is water like knob inside of it but there...


The heater you're concerned about is an Electric Heater. So, I'm not sure why you're smelling gas. Is it a rotten egg smell or more of a plastic burning smell?

Feb 25, 2011 | Fahrenheat LFP6152 Halogen Baseboard...

1 Answer

Panasonic NN-CT776SBPQ, just 2 y old, burning smell advise what could be the problem and how much it cost\r\n


check if the smell is coming from within the cabin. If so due to non usage of food covers some food particles ccould have got stuck while on heat to the sides of the cavity and results in heating and smoking. If so clean well with a dry clot and wipe out any moisture on the magnetron fitting slot.
However if the smell continues, check the capacitor to the magnetron or the magnetron or the main transformer itself.
You must open the cover and check for the origin of the smell.
estimate cost and decide.
Creddit if the advice helps.

Aug 25, 2010 | Maytag MMC5000 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Do I need to preheat the oven when cooking in the iven When using as a grill the grill smokes all the time


hi, what you need to do is turn the grill on and leave it on what is happening is all the steam and fat and grease form the cooking you have done in the oven has risen and stuck on the heating element the grill uses, so open your windows and turn the grill onto its highest setting and just leave it after a while the smoke will stop.

You need to do this so that any food you cook using the grill doesnt smell of the smoke thats burning on the grill element.

Dont worry you wont do any harm to it this is a very common problem with combo ovens and grills and the same goes for microwaves with the grill feature so dont worry to much its what happens over time if you dont use the grill much.

So just switch the grill on and leave it it can take upto 20 to 30min to stop smoking but after its burned off all the grease and fat etc it will stop smoking and stop smelling so dont worry everybody who has one goes through this same problem.


let me know how you get on or if you need further assistance ok.

Its best you do this once a week or so to ensure that it dont build up to much as it can really stink the whole place out and if you cook food without burning it all off your food will taste like the smell witch believe me isnt nice, so just leave it all to burn off leave your windows and doors open and after about 20 min you should find the smoke will stop and the smell will go away.

You may find it only takes 5 to 10 min but dont worry no matter how long it takes your not doing any harm your just cleaning the element.

Dont try cleaning it with cleaning products as this can cause harm to the element and could taint any food with the cleaning product you use.

The only real help you can give is that before you turn it on to burn off the grease use a stiff hand brush and brush the element to remove all the dried on loose bits this will then make it quicker to stop smoking.

But other than that just leave it and it will sort itself out.

Jan 13, 2010 | Creda Europa E010E Electric Single Oven

1 Answer

Vacuum cleaner makes a burning smell


spark is from brushes not to worry it's normal but you should change the belt
thumbs up

Aug 17, 2009 | Vacuums

1 Answer

Freon leaked/exploded out of freezer causing major health hazard.


sound like a compressor burn out and leaked when freon burns it creates what is called fozgeen gas (not spelled correctly) a very pungent order you should be ok the gas was used in world war 1 fyi.

Jun 17, 2009 | GALAXY Microsystems 63702 Top Freezer...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Whirlpool ET1FHTXM Top Freezer Refrigerator Logo

771 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Whirlpool Refrigerators Experts

John Tripp
John Tripp

Level 3 Expert

4655 Answers

Charles T Nevin
Charles T Nevin

Level 3 Expert

4070 Answers

Dan Webster
Dan Webster

Level 3 Expert

8220 Answers

Are you a Whirlpool Refrigerator Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...