Question about Smeg DO81CSS Electric Double Oven
I have found a replacement outer glass door but will I be able to fix it myself? Will I need any additional parts?
We removed the front glass of our oven door after a big spill between the two glass sections (by blunt force!). Since it took us 4 hours to put back together, we wanted to spread the info in case any others have the misfortune to make this mistake! Note, I wouldn't do this unless you have to, just incase you can't get your door back together again.
Assuming the back sheet of oven glass is still in position, but the front sheet is not attached -
1. Follow the manual instructions to remove the door, ensuring that both hinges are locked fully (otherwise you won't be able to get the door back on easily)
2. Once the door is removed, ensure that the plastic spacers that hold the two sheets of glass apart are in original position, resting on the inner door, at the bottom corners of the tempered glass
3. Remove the narrow metal strip at the bottom of the inner door by unscrewing the 3 screws that hold it in place. This is the metal groove that the outer pane of glass needs to rest in
4. Lay the outer sheet of glass in position in this metal strip
5. Lay the outer sheet of glass over the inner door. Slot the outer sheet into position at the top of the inner door first, ensuring it is layed flush at the top.
6. A second person needs to ease the metal strip back into place at the bottom of the inner door, so that the two sheets of glass are now held together at both top and bottom.
7. Screw the metal strip back into position with the 3 screws
8. Follow the manual instructions to replace the door. Ensure that the small grooves at the bottom of both hinges are resting in position correctly, otherwise the door will not close flushly.
Posted on Aug 08, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 07, 2012 | AEG Ovens
Dec 04, 2011 | Smeg Ovens
Oct 14, 2009 | Ovens
Sep 14, 2009 | Smeg S351X/5 Electric Single Oven
Jun 08, 2009 | Frigidaire FGB24S5A Gas Single Oven
Apr 01, 2009 | Ovens
Mar 22, 2009 | KitchenAid KEBC101 Electric Single Oven
Mar 17, 2009 | Frigidaire FGB24S5A Gas Single Oven
Mar 14, 2009 | Jenn-Air 27 in. Electric Single Wall Oven...
Jan 06, 2009 | Ovens
771 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: