1. You say in the (middle?) That in itself is subjective, Does it stop at an 'exact' specific point after playing for x number of minutes? Is it the same point for any DVD being played, or does it stop at a random point? - Does it stop when playing DVD--R or +R or what type of Disc? - more details helps to find a solution. Also it is never necessary to use cleaning discs - Do that and it will wreck your player - and may never read a disc again. Using cleaning discs could have caused your problem. Use cleaning discs only for practicing how far you can throw them.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Seems your laptop DVD player's laser diode lost it's capacity. If it is not that old, try the followings:
1. Blow some air with a watch air blower or an air can. Try the DVD/CD which freezes. If this doesn't work
2. Put a drop of lens cleaner and wipe with caution to the lens. Wait for a few second and try playing the DVD/CD. Don't use force when cleaning the lens. This should be just touch and wipe action.
If this is not the case and the drive is old, you need to replace the drive. This should cost about 30$ to 45$. I did mine last month.
Spray an small drop of safe window cleaner onto a Q-tip. Clean the laser lens carefully and then use the other end of the Q-tip to dry it. Use compressed air on and around the laser lens (do not blow on it). Clean your DVD disc and try again. If it fails again, try using a CD, if it will play a CD and not a DVD your optical pickup assembly is defective. If the CD wont play at all, your optical sled or spindle motor and/or drive is defective.
Most cases if cleaning doesn't fix it, it's cheaper to replace the entire DVD player. All portable DVD players are junk, regardless of brand.
it needs to be serviced by jensen or some other repair facility. there is nothing you will be able to do to get the knob to work. if it plays cd's and not dvd's thats also an issue that you can't fix by yourself. if it doesn't play cd's or dvd's then you can TRY to run an optical cleaner through it. its a cd player cleaner kit you can get at most electronics stores.
First use a dvd lens cleaner its a cd with small brush at the bottom, This will clean the optical lens. If it still freezes while playing cd it might be the optic lens was damaged and need replacement.
Your LG dvd player's lens might need cleaning. It is having a hard time reading those cds that is why it sometimes skips or just stops in the middle of playing them. Does this happen also to new cd's? Sometimes cleaning those cds helps the lens reading them.
If you have a disk cleaner, you can run that for 30 seconds on your player. It that does not help, then you might need to open your DVD player's casing and clean the lens manually by opening your player, get a soft cotton earbud and damp in an alcohol and gently wipe your dvd's lens. Then try to return back everything and test playing cd.
Hey guys i had this same problem 2 times the second time being tonight
and i fixed it both times! I don't usually post on forums but im just
trying to help out here i know it can be really frustrating when this
happens. Anyways what i did to fix the problem is lift the ps3 a couple
inches off the ground and gently drop it so the dust or w.e it is in
the ps3 settles n fixes. The second time this happened (tonight) i
tried dropping it again and it didn't work, it really got me mad, but
then i tried dropping it again this time upside down and after 1 drop
it worked. anyways hope this helps :) If i am helpful to you, please rate me. Good luck!
It could be a couple things...
#1. Over time, dust and deposits can accumulate on the laser that reads the disc. In many cases, DVD players with this problem can still read CDs. You could try a DVD laser cleaner, which is usually a disc that has a tiny brush glued onto it. Run the cleaning disc 2 or 3 times, and try it again. Try both CDs and DVDs, since CDs are easier to read than a DVD. 2. After a DVD player has been used for awhile, another common problem is that the laser in the DVD player becomes misaligned, inhibiting its ability to read DVDs. In many cases, DVD players with this problem will still be able to read a CD. I'd try a cleaning disc first, since the only way to fix this problem is to bring the unit to a service center for repair.
Let me know what happens after you get the DVD laser cleaner and run it. Hope this helps.