Question about Yamaha HTR-5990 Receiver
My Yamaha HTR-5990 reciever has a 5.1 sourround sound setup configuration. My wife phoned me yesterday from home to let me know that "it just stopped working". I recieve video from all components but do not hear any sound what so ever. The reciever turns on, I hear the standard "click" noise that it makes but I can't get any sound. I've tried to run the YPAO setup multiple times but it keeps failing with an "Internal 10 Error: Rerun setup". I actually had this happen to me when I moved into our new house multiple times but after about 20 attempts it finally worked. My HDTV is configured via HDMI to the Cable/Sat Tv input My Xbox 360 is used as our DVD player and is on the DVD input and uses component video and optical outputs for sound. HELP! PLEASE! Michael
You may reset your unit, to do so here is the procedure.
1. Depress the MASTER little Button so it has to be in the OFF position
2. press simuntaneously the A/B/C/D/E and TUNNING/CH > buttons and the press MASTER again
3. Keep the two buttons pressed until the SLEEP blinks on th display, at this point you will see a message that last for maybe 3 seconds,
4. after the message you will see the number 1 and a series of numbers on the first row and the word MARGIN on the second row.
5. Turn the PROGRAM knob until you reach tothe number 11 FAC PRESET on the first row and PRESET INH on the second row
6. press the TUNNING/CH > button once, and the message on the second row will display PRESET RSRV
7. Press the MASTER again and your unit will have the factory settings.
I Hope this solve your problem
Posted on Feb 16, 2008
If your multi-select is on, this will disable the sound output.
Posted on Dec 06, 2007
Did you ever get this resolved? I have a similar problem, my video feed seems to work but I have never been able to get any sound from my speakers using this component. I'm not sure what YPAO setup is but I just read a suggestion to reset the receiver to factory settings in the event something is programmed that causes the problem.
Posted on Oct 31, 2007
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Sorry Michael, you have a problem in the audio amp section of the receiver and unless you know how to troubleshoot solid state electronics, you will need to have this unit serviced by a pro. Good Luck
Posted on Jun 25, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 18, 2013 | Yamaha HTR-5930 Receiver
Mar 07, 2013 | Yamaha HTR-5990 Receiver
Mar 23, 2010 | Yamaha HTR-5990 Receiver
Feb 12, 2010 | Yamaha HTR-5990 Receiver
Oct 07, 2009 | Yamaha HTR-5990 Receiver
Mar 20, 2009 | Yamaha 5.1-Ch. Surround Sound Home Theater...
Jul 28, 2008 | Yamaha HTR-5990 Receiver
May 01, 2007 | Yamaha HTR-5990 Receiver
338 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: