Question about Video Game Consoles & Games

3 Answers

PS 2 shocked me when I was turning it off. Now it won't turn on.

I reached to turn off my PS 2 and I received a super static electricity shock. Now the unit won't turn on. The power button still lights up but only in the red color. What can I do? It was fairly new when this happened. I went to turn my son's PS2 off after playing a game and received a shock to my finger. The PS2 then turned off on it's own, and will not power back up but the red light is illuminated. Does anyone know how can this problem be solved?

Posted by on

3 Answers

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Scholar:

    An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.

    Hot-Shot:

    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Expert
  • 117 Answers

Buy a new one, they are cheap.

Posted on May 28, 2015

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

    Champion:

    An expert who has answered 200 questions.

  • Expert
  • 273 Answers

Try this:
-turn off PS2
- unplug PS2 and wait for 1 minute
- plug in PS2 and turn it on

hope this helps :D

Posted on Jul 28, 2009

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    Corporal:

    An expert that has over 10 points.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 16 Answers

Something inside the PS2 is busted so you might need to go to gamestop and get it fixed

Posted on Jan 17, 2009

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

My X46 only turns on by the remote but when it does turn on it only goes to the Sceptre screen then powers off again. When I shut it off the night before there was a static shock when I hit the power...


That little shock has between 500 to 21,000 volts. Sensitive transistors and microchips definitely get damaged permanently from static electricity.

Jan 22, 2014 | Sceptre X46BV TV

1 Answer

Electric shock from an unplugged Nintendo wii - how is this possible


It was probably just static electricity. Sometimes the body build up static electricity by just walking on a carpet or from friction of the clothes being worn. He then got the shock when he somehow grounded himself.

Jan 19, 2013 | Nintendo Wii Video Game Consoles & Games

1 Answer

Bretford iPad Cart Static Electricity problem


This was straight from a Bretford tech:

There are no capacitors or anything that can hold a charge on the cart itself. The only thing that we've been able to come up with thus far is that dry air in the schools may help generating static electricity. Common precautions would be 1. make sure the ground plug is still on the cord. (This can get broken off if the cart is moved with the cord still plugged into the wall.) Plugging the ground cord in won't help however if the person has to grab the door handle to open the door to get to the wall outlet. 2. If the air is dry (ie: people get shocks even without the cart or the problem goes away in the spring when the humidity goes up), gently push the metal of the cart handle against the door frame prior to reaching for the door handle. This will discharge any static electricity that was built up as the person walked with the cart safely to the door jamb prior to the person reaching for the door handle.

Nov 20, 2012 | Apple Computer Apple Bretford PowerSync...

1 Answer

I have a bodyguard t260 treadmill and when I run on it there is a great deal of static electricity that shocks me when I touch the treadmill handles


The shock is a build up of static electricity on your body called Electrostatic Discharge (ESD). Friction between the walking board and belt can generate static electricity.

If experienced, the shock is not harmful or dangerous.

Nov 11, 2011 | Exercise & Fitness

1 Answer

Treadmill won't turn on, I get a slight shock when I click the on/off switch.


Dear Sir:

Thank you by you request, I will help you inmediately.

Please do this with very Carefully!!

The shock is a build upof static electricity on your body called Electrostatic Discharge (ESD).Friction between the walking board and belt can generate static electricity.

If experienced, the shock is not harmful ordangerous.

Thank you in advance, sincerely. God bless you.

IF YOU NEED FURTHER ASSISTANCE, PLEASE CONTACT ME

E.CUADRA
MANAGUA, NICARAGUA. C.A.

Sep 27, 2011 | Precor 9.21 Treadmill

1 Answer

I touch the on/off button on the Prima TV to turn


I am sure you had some strong static electricity. The static spark arced to inside of the TV in to the circuit board. Many of the low cost TV sets have poor static electricity protection.
In most cases there is damaged caused by static shock to electronic devices.
Just for curiosity, you can try unplugging the set from the AC mins and plugging it back in to do a simple reset, in case there is no damage and some logic device became hung up.
Last year I picked up my mobile phone and got a static shock from it. I had to get a new phone. This phone never worked again!

Jerry G.

Jan 19, 2010 | Prima C2012 TV

1 Answer

Electric shock when leaving car


Although it's possible that there is an electrical problem in your car, it's more likely that the shock you're feeling is naturally occurring static electricity.

If your tires were replaced as part of the front end repairs, it's possible this is the cause. Cars naturally build up static electricity from rolling around on rubber tires (the same thing that happens when you rub a balloon on your hair). This static used to get dissipated through the tires to the ground -- however, new, fuel-saving tires with lower rolling resistance are made of a rubber compound that doesn't dissipate static electricity as well as the old stuff. (The price we pay for better gas mileage.)

The static builds up in your car, and then gets discharged through you when you get out of the car and complete a circuit between the car and the ground through your body.

One solution is to attach a ground strap to your car. You can buy these rubber strips from most auto parts stores. One end attaches to a metal part on your car. The other end drags on the ground and dissipates static through it, rather than through you.

Sep 13, 2009 | iLO XM-MP3-CD Car Stereo

1 Answer

Playstation 2 slim won't turn on


try this:

- turn off PS2
- unplug PS2 and wait 1 minute
- plug in PS2 and turn it on

hope this helps :D

Jan 31, 2009 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console

2 Answers

TV won't turn on.


Stevenson

the fact that you got shock is because something is not right inside the tv. You need to have that tv check because a manufacturer will not fabricated a tv that can electrocute anyone, specially when you turn the volume. Static electricity is always present in front of any tv that might be the cause of why you got shock. By removing your coat, and touch some metallic object you may get electrocuted, because of static electricity. Please, I want you to have that tv check, I can check that tv for you. I felt something is wrong inside the tv, and something is loose inside like pennies and toys objects. That's my impression. My e-mail address Stevebuy31@hotmail.com

Jan 02, 2009 | Akai PDP4225M 42 in. Plasma Television

1 Answer

PS 2 shocked me when I was turning it off. Now it won't turn on.


When you experienced that shock you may have inadvertenly sent an electro static discharge to the circuitry inside the ps2 which would cause it to stop working.
 If it is fairly new return it to the store you purchased it let them know whar happened and usually they will exchange the item for you.

Dec 28, 2008 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console

Not finding what you are looking for?
Video Game Consoles & Games Logo

Related Topics:

519 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Video Game Consoles & Games Experts

Josh Whitehead
Josh Whitehead

Level 3 Expert

1148 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

70347 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

15109 Answers

Are you a Video Game Console and Game Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...