Question about Whirlpool GR399LXHS Electric Kitchen Range

1 Answer

Bottom element needs replacing

Whirlpool gold GJP84902 range, I need to replace the bottom (hidden) element, what do I take apart to do this?

Posted by on

  • Anonymous Apr 06, 2009

    I have a Whirlpool Gold GJP84900 ceramic top stove. I need to change the bottom (hidden)element, its got no continuity.

    How do I get to the bottom element??


1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

The side right side panel comes off three screws hod it on the back pullout

Posted on Feb 08, 2009

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

The bottom element on my Whirlpool Gold Self-cleaning Accubake system (purchased in 1999) is not working. What is wrong?

Hi, Are you equipped to check the bake element to determine if it's the problem ? You may be able to see if it has a burnt section on the element via a visual inspection. If so it is the problem, if not you'll need a multimeter or a pro technician to come and inspect it. With a meter you want to check the element for continuity (unplug the range and remove one of the wires at the element first) I will add the price of a bake element is cheaper than phoning for service "IF" you can change it yourself. Hope that help's you at least reach a place to make an informed descision on whether to attempt a repair on your own or call a pro. Thank's for visiting fixya. Please take a second to rate the info I provided for you today. Good luck in whichever way you choose. Macmarkus :)

Dec 11, 2009 | Whirlpool GR465LXLS Electric Kitchen Range

1 Answer

Need to replace hidden bottom element on whirlpool gold GJP84900 how do i get to it


Oct 25, 2009 | Kitchen Ranges

1 Answer

Parts left over after replacing element!

here is a link to pictures of the assemblies.!retrieve.pd?pop=true&modelNumber=GJP84902&pop=flush Eric

Sep 14, 2009 | Whirlpool GR399LXHS Electric Kitchen Range

1 Answer

Oven heat

There is a bottom hidden element that is the main element used for baking and cleaning. If its not heating then the element has gone bad and needs replacing. If you have a volt meter then you can confirm this by checking the voltage between the two terminals sticking out of the rear of the range. There should be 240vac across the two. If you have that then you need a new element if you don't then you need a new control board.

Nov 03, 2008 | Whirlpool GR465LXLS Electric Kitchen Range

2 Answers

Whirlpool Gold Range Mod GLP84900

Hi I have a whirlpool gold range mdl GJSP 84902 and had replaced the bottom hidden element after finding out it wasn't getting any heat. So replacement took a little figuring out. it ws easy after a removal of screws and pulling out the whole oven casing out fron the front. Anyhow I still don't get enough heat generate from the bottom element, what other cause are there. checked fuses wiring all is connected HELP ME PLEASE !!!!! thank you Paul

Nov 02, 2008 | Whirlpool GR465LXLS Electric Kitchen Range

1 Answer

How do I change the element on a Whirlpool Gold range?

If you have replaced the dual element with a new one, and have verified that you have the wiring installed correctly, it may be the infinite switch that controls the element that is bad. That would be the switch behind the control knob for the element in question.

Sep 19, 2008 | Whirlpool GR399LXHS Electric Kitchen Range

1 Answer


my bottom element in my Whirpool range needs to be replaced. It is hidden. How do you replace it?

Jul 20, 2008 | Whirlpool RF364 Electric Kitchen Range

Not finding what you are looking for?
Whirlpool GR399LXHS Electric Kitchen Range Logo

Related Topics:

829 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Whirlpool Kitchen Ranges Experts

Dan Webster
Dan Webster

Level 3 Expert

8205 Answers

Ismael Rodriguez...

Level 2 Expert

162 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

4949 Answers

Are you a Whirlpool Kitchen Range Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides