Question about Gateway (5500652) ( 5500652) DVD Drive
Before, I was able to burn DVD+R through DVD Shrink 3.2. When I ran out of DVD+R, I bought DVD-R instead, knowing that it's better than DVD+R. I am able to burn my selected DVD video onto my computer, but I am unable to burn it onto the DVD-R that i bought. I tried burning the DVD-R through DVD Shrink 3.2 and Nero, but none of them work. Is there a solution to my problem? Thank You
First off, I would like to say that DVD-R is not necessarily better than DVD+R. Some older DVD burners would only recognize DVD-Rs and thus had to use that format. Now on with your problem. There is a possibility that you got a bad batch of DVD-Rs. I had that happen to me once. I had a 50 pack spindle and not a one of em worked. I got a different spindle of the same brand but a different lot, and they worked fine. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Posted on Jun 21, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 02, 2014 | LG SecurDisc 20x External Double-Layer DVD...
1. Whether the Nero you are using is the one bundled with ODD module, if not, try to use the Nero bundled with the ODD module.
2. Check the failure message, please do the troubleshooting according to the failure message
3. Update the Nero version, update the firmware to have a try
4. Test other burning disks which are in different specification of different brands, if the problem still remains, please contact your retailer for a check
5. If there is no problem with other burning disks which are in different specification of different brands, test other burning disks which are the same brand and specification as the problem disk. If the problem still remains, please contact ASUS Call Center or mail to ASUS for further troubleshooting.
If you have any further questions regarding this matter feel free to post a comment or if you are satisfied with my answer, please give it a rating for this is the reason I do this work.
Feb 23, 2011 | ASUS DVD- E616P3 QUIETRACK, SILVER,...
Jan 17, 2011 | ASUS DRW1608PBlack 16xDVDRW 6x Double...
Nov 21, 2010 | LG (GDR8164B) Internal DVD Drive
Nov 09, 2010 | LG (GDR8164B) Internal DVD Drive
Feb 26, 2010 | ASUS DVD/Blu-ray Drives
Sep 06, 2009 | Toshiba DVD/Blu-ray Drives
May 29, 2009 | HP (344542-005) DVD Drive
Mar 14, 2014 | Gateway (5500652) ( 5500652)...
722 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: