Well the good news is you don't have to pick up a disc :-) . You can actually download the driver for the scanner here (the driver is the software that allows the computer to see the scanner)
On that page you want the second one down (2080INF.exe)
Here is what you are going to need to do:
- Download that file
- Double Click on the file and then hit "Run" followed by "Unzip"
- Click the "Start" button
- Click "Control Panel"
- Double Click "Scanners & Camera's"
- On the left menu (it is the blue menu on the left) select "Add Imaging Device"
- A wizard will now come up , click "next"
- It will now ask what kind of scanner/camera you want to install, on the bottom right is a button that reads "Have Disk" ; click that
- Hit "Browse"
- Navigate to the folder where you un-zipped the original download to. By default it went to "C:/DR208C/INF" - In that folder you will see a file named "CANODR2K" , double click it.
- Hit "Ok"
- Select how it is connected (USB or SCSI)
- Finish the wizard
And thats it! Now your scanner is installed on the computer and you can scan......
Also on the original CD is a software called "Capture Perfect" , which is the software that is used for actually scanning with your scanner , you can download that here: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Graphic/Graphic-Capture/Capture-Perfect.shtml